National Grid Senior Electric Metering Instructor in Worcester, Massachusetts
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
National Grid is hiring a Senior Electric Metering Instructor. The location will be in our Millbury Training Center.
Deliver high quality learning experiences that meet Electric technical training, regulatory and safety learning needs through a blended learning approach and support the design and development of learning solutions. At the highest level the role will act as a technical subject matter expert for the US.
Deliver technical training programs to clients through a blended learning approach, such as hands on activities to stimulate real tasks, ensuring that National Grid is effectively providing training in line with external requirements, operational priorities, and best practice.
• Support the design and development of cohesive and innovative curriculum and training programs to meet client learning requests.
• Liaise with the business, acting as a technical training advisor for various departments throughout the company to resolve any queries or issues.
• Administer testing and conduct physical and technical assessments.
• Represent technical training as the subject matter expert on various committees to ensure that technical training is represented and understood in the business.
• Conduct assessments of training needs associated with the introduction of new equipment, procedures, and technology to ensure that National Grid incorporates best practice into learning methods and programs.
• Participate as a subject matter expert during the modification and creation of new technical training programs by the Design and Development areas of Learning and Development.
• Keep up to date on training developments to ensure that innovation and latest learning requirements and ideas are incorporated into National Grids technical training programs.
• Define, create, and deliver training programs such as preparing lesson plans and developing instructor materials and assessments to meet the learning and development needs of the business and ensure all external requirements are met.
• Coordinate learning records administration including monitoring course completions, attendance, assessments, and qualifications.
• A High school Diploma or Equivalent is required. Supervisory experience and/or advanced education in Engineering, Education, or a related field are considered a plus.
• A minimum of 5-7 years of Electrical Operations experience with extensive knowledge of Electric Metering Services.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including active listening and presentation skills.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, be able to perform in a team environment, collaborate with others, handle multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
• Strong knowledge of safety policies and substation maintenance procedures along with construction standards, with the ability to work collaboratively between these functions
• Understanding of Learning and Development principles
• Working knowledge of personal computers and various business-related software
• Candidates may also be asked to demonstrate their presentation skills and knowledge of technical subject matter by conducting a short training presentation.
• Valid driver's license required with a safe driving history that meets National Grid's Safe Driver policy.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position, gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience, and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve.
National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team