New York Power Authority Senior Program Manager in White Plains, New York
Responsible for significant, enterprise-wide portfolio of projects, typically with large budgets, significant cross-functional business impact and sizeable program staff, focused on meeting program commitments, including communications with sponsors, stakeholders etc., has strategic and operational responsibilities. Spends majority of time on program management process, reporting and control responsibilities providing consistent direction to both waterfall and agile project delivery teams in support of NYPA’s digital transformation.
Work collaboratively with program teams, project teams, various IT teams, and related business unit staff to maintain thorough knowledge of product capabilities, and to ensure that all communications between project team and its stakeholders are precise and on the same page. Prepare correspondence, presentations and/or reports as required. Follow-up on correspondence and outstanding requests for resolution.
Continuously improve project management toolkits and methodologies. Provide expertise and consulting to project managers in the process of project management and related functions (project governance, financial management, resource management, risk/issue management, change management, etc.)
Function as a Senior Program Manager in departmental and/or organization wide projects. Contribute expertise in his/her assigned area, execute deliverables and ensure that the project teams complete project deliverables as outlined based on the project scope and business requirements.
Demonstrated aptitude for effective leadership of staff. Strong decision-making and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects/duties. Results driven, service oriented, self-motivated, and able to work independently. Trustworthy with the ability to maintain highest level of integrity and trust.
Demonstrate superior interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, and negotiating skills. Ensure open communication across project teams. Handle broad-based, often complex, communication for internal and/or external audiences. Create a forum and format for ongoing open communication within functional area or among departments. Defuse emotionally charged situations and use them to constructively build greater shared commitment to end goals.
Recognize problems or situations that are new or without clear precedent. Evaluates alternatives and finds solutions using a systematic, multi-step approach. Work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes. Analyze decisions and actions for their support of the larger area's strategic direction. Work with senior management to resolve more complex problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• NYPA business including operation, customer, back office, and NYISO business processes.
• NYPA applications including SAP/ERP, Maximo, NYISO applications, Sharepoint, and others.
• NYPA application platform including database, application servers, middleware, and security policies/protocols.
• NYPA LAN, SAN, hardware, VMWare, network, telecommunications, and other infrastructure/Data Center environments.
• Thorough understanding of project management phases (initiation, planning, execution, control, closure)
• Broad understanding of IT industry trends and tools as they apply to providing solutions to stated business issues and opportunities.
• Experience with Disaster Recovery Requirements and Procedures .
• Planning with priorities; flexible capability based on the business focus shifting.
• Build a high performing team in a rapid business and technology changing environment.
• Ability to collaborate with other teams company-wide.
• Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies
• Demonstrated experience managing large complex problems.
• Ability to organize successful project teams including sponsors, stakeholders, and project participants.
• Effective communication of project information and status.
• Deep knowledge of principles, practices, and theories in own professional discipline. May have knowledge of more than one professional discipline.
• Outstanding record of project management success, both in results achieved and in use of professional methodology.
• Pro-active in developing and implementing strategies that significantly mitigate risk.
• Ability to design solutions for varied internal clients.
• Considered a resource for others.
• Strong and current awareness of external trends and best practices.
• Electric Utility Industry Perspective Knowledge
• Ability to communicate to senior management and executive management teams across business units.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelor's Degree in Business or Computer Science or related education is required.
Master's Degree in Business (e.g. MBA) or Computer Science is preferred.
Minimum 12 years as Program Manager or Sr. Project Manager; has had responsibility for numerous successful multi-year and multimillion dollar capital projects.
Overnight travel to the various NYPA locations within New York State.
The New York Power Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer