Eversource Energy Supervisor, Transmission Construction Services - Eastern MA in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! The position is a construction supervisory position with an added task of having the supervisory aspects of leading the construction supervisors themselves.
All other aspects of the Construction Supervisory position remain the same. and therefore are inclusive to this job description. It is the intent of this job description that it would be staffed by a knowledgeable senior construction individual with senior field experience.
Role and Scope of Position:
Individual will be responsible for all aspects of the construction field management and construction inspection process of projects for transmission lines and substations in Eastern Massachusetts. The selected candidate will directly supervise Transmission Construction Representatives. The selected candidate will work with Project Managers, Engineering, Scheduling, Contract Administration, other Transmission Group managers, CONVEX, Legal, Purchasing, and field staff to ensure the safe and timely completion of work meeting Eversource's quality standards. The selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring compliance with environmental programs, policies, rules, and regulations; will direct safety awareness and compliance initiatives within the department; and be responsible for monitoring the safety and environmental performance of contractors.
Supervises the performance of all aspects of construction field management activities for Substation and Transmission Lines where contractor resources are utilized.
Works effectively with Project Managers, Engineering, Scheduling, Contract Administration, other transmission business managers, CONVEX, Legal, Purchasing and field staff to provide support using contractor resources to ensure the safe and timely completion of work meeting Eversource’s quality standards.
Responsible for managing all aspects of the construction phase of projects relative to cost, productivity, schedule, best practices, and Eversource Policies and Procedures.
Ensures compliance with environmental programs, policies, rules and regulations.
Directs efforts to achieve world-class excellence regarding safe work practices and safety performance.
Promotes teamwork among and between all members of the Transmission and Distribution organizations in his/her jurisdiction and other internal groups.
The position requires system-wide on-call responsibilities.
3. Technical Knowledge/Skill/Education/Licenses/Certifications:
Detailed knowledge of transmission construction
Thorough knowledge of applicable work practices and procedures, and safety requirements
Possess a detailed knowledge of transmission power system operations, maintenance, and construction.
Must have good human resource management and business planning skills
Must have a working knowledge of information technology and the use of Eversource's office automation and information systems.
Must have good written and oral communications ability.
Bachelor's degree in Applied Science, Engineering, Finance, Business or the equivalent.
A minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of construction, maintenance, or related experience are required. Experience in Energy Delivery and transmission experience is preferred. Supervisory experience of both non-bargaining unit and bargaining unit employees is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
Must hold a valid motor vehicle driver’s license.
• Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
• Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
• Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
• Show how employee’s work fits in
• Provide business updates, news
• Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
• Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
• Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
• Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
• Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
• Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
• Recognize good performance
• Visit crews in the field
• Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
• Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
• Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
• Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
• Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
• Encourage ideas
• Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
• Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
• Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
• Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
• Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs