Eversource Energy Senior IT Project Manager in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
Role and Scope of Position:
IT Project Managers are responsible for the oversight and overall success of Information Technology and related Business projects. IT Project Managers manage the budgetary, scheduling and delivery of assigned initiatives. They identify the appropriate resources, assemble the project team by brokering internal and external resources, and assign the responsibilities to fulfill the project requirements. They develop the workflow plans to navigate the project from request through systems analysis, technical design, construction, procurement, testing, turnover to production and client migration. They plan, prepare and issue project schedules and budgets to assure controlled completion of each project step. They develop and report project status, and analyze progress relative to project milestones. They maintain forecasts to assure that schedule compliance and desired results are achieved. IT Project Managers utilize project management methodologies and practices such as task and quality management, project estimation, manpower and budget planning, modeling techniques and attendant tools.
- Specifically, individuals in this position: manage a significant complex enterprise level program, or manage multiple projects concurrently, or provide consulting services to local IT and/or Line of Business project managers:
- Advocate and support the policies, processes and practices of the Program Management Office (PMO).
- Develop and communicate plans to deliver major IT initiatives to the IT and business communities; devise the summary and detailed project plans including tasks and interdependencies, milestones, people required including skill levels, and other resource and support requirements.
- Develop the project managerial approach, including roles of any subordinate project managers, training needs for the project team, administrative reporting structure of the project, organization of the project team, involvement of customers and other stakeholders, and the nature of the arbitration process to resolve disputes.
- Serve as the IT point of contact and the primary interface on initiatives where the business / user community has appointed a project or program manager.
- Outline the responsibilities of different principals / parties including customers, customer and IT management, team members, IT support groups, vendors, consultants, and affected or impacted groups.
- Coordinate preparation of statements of work and specifications, estimation of product / service costs and pricing, and negotiation and administration of contracts.
- Develop and oversee procedures for changing scope and customer acceptance throughout the project.
- Review schedules and acceptance criteria at each phase of the project.
- Negotiate IT’s interests and manage external vendor, contractor and material contracts.
- Monitor project budget and resource levels, and advise principals as to developing trends and prepare periodic variance projections.
- Schedule, ensure and confirm that personnel, equipment, material, services, etc. are provided as needed.
- Coordinate intra and inter departmental activities to assure adherence to schedule and project objectives.
- Influence and coordinate resource reallocations to assure project completion.
- Ensure that all training and transition management activities are in place for the customer base, including coordinating process redesign, new procedures and acceptance of new technologies and/or capabilities into daily use within the user community (done in conjunction with a business / user program manager if one has been appointed).
- Develop and implement alternatives and/or solutions to mitigate problems, issues, conflicts, etc.
- IT Project Manager - Senior also establish project management standards and best practices, conduct research and development in the area of project management, and mentor Associate and Intermediate level Project Managers.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and/or resourcefulness. Applies extensive organizational and/or project management expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. May be viewed as expert within a given field.
Project Management Skills: Independently and effectively demonstrates project management for large transformational projects and programs, knows when and how to effectively escalate, coaches others.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
Experience: 5 - 8 years of IT Project Management experience
Licenses & Certifications:
All IT Project Manager – Seniors must possess a Project Manager certification (as prescribed by the Program Management office).
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor