Eversource Energy Senior Designer in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
POSITION: Senior Designer
DEPARTMENT: Electric System Control & Protection Engineering
STARTING RATE OF PAY: $39.09 p/hr
CURRENTLY POSTED HOURS: 7:30AM – 4:00PM
**Union Represented Position**
The title “Senior Designer” designates employees performing duties in connection with difficult and complex electrical drafting assignments.
Under general supervision, the Senior Designer designs, assembles, prepares and makes revisions on existing drawings. Prepares and makes new drawings on the most difficult and complex projects and performs related field checking. Instructs other employees in the work of this grade.
1. Ability to work in the office or field.
2. Must be familiar with the engineering practices associated with assigned projects and electric utility construction practices and procedures
3. Must be able to organize and direct within his/her grade the progress of drafting projects to completion in accordance with prescribed practices.
4. Must have demonstrated an interest and aptitude for higher grade drafting work.
5. Must have at least three years’ drafting and design experience utilizing Computer Aided Drafting (CAD)
6. Associates Degree in Drafting, Survey Technology or related discipline. Bachelors Degree preferred.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor