Eversource Energy Senior Analyst, Energy Efficiency in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 4 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
This position plays a lead role in overseeing independent evaluators and interfacing with regulatory stakeholders. The position represents Eversource in discussions with evaluation advisory boards and regulators in multiple states. The position executes and leads the research and study activities designed to evaluate, measure, and verify (EM&V) the energy and demand savings and other impacts of Eversource's electric and gas energy efficiency (EE), demand response, and other energy management programs. This position reviews draft deliverables, coordinates with internal stakeholders to ensure results are accurate and that findings are used to improve programs, and synthesizes the results of multiple studies to inform future program planning. The position also entails forward-looking planning and management of studies, and an ability to identify potential risks to program savings and pro-actively communicate with internal stakeholders regarding possible evaluation results, so that programs can adapt and maintain high levels of performance.
- Coordinate the planning, design, execution, review, and delivery of statewide EM&V studies among stakeholders, evaluation contractors, and other EE Program Administrators (utilities) in New Hampshire and Connecticut. These studies include impact, market, and process evaluations; market characterization or assessment studies; and demonstration program evaluations.
- Manage the EM&V work being performed by the evaluation contractors, including developing and reviewing RFPs; administering contracts and invoices; developing and reviewing study work plans, sample designs, and budgets; and reviewing deliverables in terms of meeting the pertinent research questions and objectives, level of statistical and analytical rigor, transparency, and timeliness. Help ensure that the results of EM&V studies are being applied appropriately to Eversource’s portfolio of programs.
- Help inform the development and delivery of future energy efficiency and demand response programs and opportunities by providing results of EM&V activities to Eversource's EE implementation, sales, marketing, and business analytics groups. Conduct other EE- and energy-related research and analysis of new and emerging measures and technologies such as demand response, electric vehicles, solar, and battery and thermal storage.
- Coordinate the analysis and sharing of large and often complex customer and EE performance data to estimate and document the impacts of EE programs. Respond to data requests by gathering data from across the company, including from EE, marketing, load forecasting, rates, and other departments.
- Participate in regulatory efforts related to energy efficiency annual report and three-year plan filings and testimony, including preparing for, attending, and in some cases facilitating stakeholder meetings, technical sessions, and regulatory hearings; preparing reports and responses to information requests from regulators; and preparing regulatory filings and plans.
- Quantitatively assess the cost-effectiveness of Eversource's EE measures and programs for regulatory reporting and planning purposes using existing spreadsheet models.
- Update the statewide Technical Reference Manual to reflect revised inputs, assumptions, and savings estimates based on recent evaluation study results.
- Maintain an industry presence through representation and participation in industry related organizations, conferences, and events.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
- May require some traveling to local, regional and national regulatory proceedings and professional activities.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in financial, economics, and statistical modeling, market research, operations research, program evaluation, or policy analysis.
- Requires knowledge and skills in the evaluation and assessment of programs and projects using a wide range of analytical and impact evaluation techniques, including both quantitative and qualitative analysis. Requires strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness, as well as an ability to quickly learn about new technologies and energy efficiency applications.
- Requires strong stakeholder management, consensus-building, communication, facilitation, writing, and presentation skills.
- Must be able to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders with diverse interests.
- Requires a high level of proficiency in Excel.
- Experience in statistical analysis and/or engineering preferred.
- Bachelor'sDegree in a field that requires quantitative analysis and/or data-based problem solving such as statistics, data analytics, energy systems, economics, engineering, business, or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Master's Degree preferred
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs