Eversource Energy Program Manager, Estimating system and Database, Transmission in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
Role and Scope of Position: This position is responsible for implementing and maintaining the estimating system, tools, and cost basis in the Transmission Estimating organization. This includes developing an estimating unit rate database based on procurement / contracts information, project actuals, and other data sources. Also, responsible for facilitating the purchase, implementation, and maintenance of a commercial estimating system across the Eversource three state electric transmission area. Is responsible for responsible for assigning, prioritizing and directing the work performed by other Estimators and staff.
- Development of an Estimating cost database.
- Interfacing with procurement, and contracts to establish accurate unit pricing for scope items.
- Researching project actuals to validate unit pricing.
- Establishing a process to update the standard estimate templates with updated cost data.
- Supporting the purchase, implementation, and maintenance of a commercial estimating system.
- Develop strong collaboration with discipline engineering and support services to ensure the tools and systems meets the need of the overall organization.
- Strong leadership, facilitation and communication skills (including written, oral, and public speaking) required, with extensive knowledge in electric industry compliance and regulatory affairs.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team, applying effective leadership skills.
- Estimating experience, especially with tools and databases.
- Experience with implementation and maintenance of a commercial estimating systems and database.
- Ability to create/manage Microsoft Access Databases, Microsoft Excel databases and associated user interfaces (visual basic, SQL or similar programming ability) is highly desirable.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Management, or related discipline.
- For the Program Manager level, minimum of eight (8) years related industry experience, with at least (2) years of experience managing teams and projects.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by and employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment. Job can require traveling to substations and right-of-ways across the Eversource territory.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs