Eversource Energy Manager, Underground Transmission Line Engineering in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
Individual will provide management oversight of the Transmission Line Engineering teams in NH and MA. This position will require an active role in supporting the design, engineering, inspection, and repair activities associated primarily with UG transmission line capital projects and Electric Operations initiatives. This position will be based at the Westwood MA facility and report to the Director of Transmission Line Engineering in CT.
- Management oversight of the underground transmission line engineering teams in CT, MA.
- Scheduling of resources, establishment of priorities and tracking of performance in support of capital projects and Electric Operations initiatives
- Oversight and development of UG transmission line project designs, specifications, material requisitions and cost estimates
- Management and execution of the underground transmission facility inspection programs
- Engineering oversight in support of emergency repairs to underground transmission facilities
- Management and execution of an asset strategy for aging underground transmission infrastructure
- Development of employees through the use of internal and external training programs, performance management, and coaching.
- Effective communication and interface with business units across Eversource
- Represent Eversource in a technical capacity before regulatory agencies and industry groups
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering isrequired. A Master’s Degree and a Professional Engineering (PE) License are desirable.A minimum of ten (10) years of transmission line engineering experience is required, with a strong emphasis on UG cable systems. Three (3) years in a management and/or leadership capacityis preferred. Strong knowledge of underground transmission line engineering and design practices, material and component applicability, industry codes & standards as well as construction techniques. Working knowledge of related design software and its application. Established supervisory and business planning skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills. A background knowledge of Overhead Transmission Line Engineering is desirable.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor