Eversource Energy Manager, Strategic Communications in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
The Manager, Communications is responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of Eversource’s communications strategy, working collaboratively with senior leadership to ensure communications programs enhance the company’s image with employees, customers, shareholders and government agencies. The Manager, Communications will manage the company’s internal and external communications function. Within the organization, he/she will support change and transformation initiatives through clear and effective internal and externalcommunications. Externally, he/she will be responsible for advancing the company’s objectives, strategic initiatives, and overall corporate image through traditional and social media, marketing and advertising and the web. Responsibilities include effectively building and maintaining relationships with key industry and community contacts and with the media. This role requires the manager to be a masterful communicator capable of crafting effective internal and external communication and messaging pieces for publication within the company and in the media.
- Consult with members of the leadership team to create and implement communication, public relations, and media strategies that maintain an effective balance between the broad communication objectives of the company with the specific communications requirements of the operational business units.
- Build strong working relationships with leadership and the communications team, while providing counsel, leadership, guidance and assistance in meeting communications objectives.
- Support the effort to define and manage Eversource’s core communication messages and corporate positioning, both internally and externally. Develop and manage the implementation of communication programs directed towards customers, key stakeholders and the public-at-large to improve knowledge, understanding and support of Eversource and its initiatives.
- Manage public relations activities to increase visibility, reinforce appropriate strategic messages and build market leadership. Provide counsel, guidance and expertise to the business in implementing their communications campaigns.
- Manage day-to-day responsibilities of the team.
- In partnership with leadership, manage team emergency communications response.
- Manage media relations activities in the production and dissemination of informational materials about Eversource and its programs to the media, while working with the team to ensure their information needs are met.
- Along with leadership, manage the company’s advertising strategies and programs with a strong emphasis on corporate citizenship and digital presence.
- Assist C-level executives with content development for industry speeches and market messaging activities.
- Present to executive audiences both internally and externally.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
Education: Requiresa Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related discipline or equivalent experience. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in progressively more senior communications roles within a utility company and/or utility focused PR firm. Experience working with all levels of an organization, including senior management. Experience being the communication lead for crisis communication events.
Demonstrated ability leading strategic communications and marketing program development and implementation.
Direct experience working with media, ad agencies, interactive firms, government officials, regulatory bodies, investors, and PR companies.
Demonstrated experience with web strategy and functional design.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Corporate Relations Jobs
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor