Eversource Energy Manager Gas Procurement and Market Analytics in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Individual is responsible for development and oversight of a team of analysts that manages and executes all real-time gas supply portfolio management and optimization operations of the three Gas LDCs (Eversource Gas of MA, NSTAR Gas and Yankee Gas).
Individual is responsible for development and oversight of a team of analysts that manages and executes all real-time gas supply portfolio management and optimization operations including: the daily forecasting and design day planning models; buying/selling and scheduling gas in over the counter, physical natural gas markets for local distribution companies; on-system LNG storage balancing and utilization;negotiation and acquisition of short-term pipeline capacity and all term supplies; develop and maintain working relationships with pipelines, suppliers, marketers and other end users; maximize use of portfolio through off-system sales/capacity release transactions; develop and negotiate asset management agreements as required by respective LDCs; develop and maintain spreadsheets to track and monitor transactions; and interface with internal processes in regards to Middle Office operations through deal entry and approvals; communicate with gas cost accounting to comply with all SOX policies and procedures;.Primary also duties include but are not limited to: responsible for the development and generation month-end gas scheduling reconciliation; coordinate with responsible internal parties to prepare credit checks for potential counterparties; responsible for collecting data and reporting information for periodic and annual reports to the DPU, PURA, EIA, SEC, FERC, CERES, DOE and other regulatory agencies as required; coordinate with Gas Control/Scheduling to develop daily/monthly/seasonal supply plans; assist in development of long-range system planning and negotiation of precedent agreements for pipeline projects; and other duties as assigned to support Gas Supply/Scheduling functions.Responsible for hedging program and associated reporting. Develop and maintain energy market intelligence to support daily operations and company strategic initiatives.Serve as expert witness in all matters related to gas markets and supply portfolio management as required.
- Provides day to day real-time system management guidance to Eversource’s Nominations and Gas Control personnel to manage daily supply requirements
- Responsible for short term execution of capacity and commodity related natural gas procurement.
- Daily estimation of load requirements
- Support long term modeling and planning functions
- Peak Day Model – on-going analysis/review and development
- Review of load to be added to system and coordination with Engineering through System Planning Meetings
- Develop and maintain relationships with pipeline personel to effectively coordinate daily system balancing, pipeline capacity contract management and future projects
- Assist in development and negotiation of pipeline projects and associated precedent agreements
- Setting winter strategy in conjunction with Manager – Gas Supply Operations, Manager – Gas Supply Planning and Director – Gas Supply to be communicated to Gas Control and Engineering
- Supervision of Senior Gas Supply Portfolio Analysts and the Associate Gas Supply and Nominations Analysts
- Performing capacity releases and / or off-system sales transactions to optimize portfolio
- Managing AMA’s including RFP process, negotiations, acquisition of legal, credit and FERC approvals
- Implements best practices to achieve efficient and effective Gas Supply Planning activities.
- Various internal (Middle Office and Accounting – APS24) and external (DOE, NEGA, AGA) reporting associated with gas supply and pipeline capacity transactions
- Quarterly sign off for FAS 157 checklist provided by Corporate Accounting
- Provide back up and assistance to other areas in Gas Supply Accounting, Transportation and Planning as needed
- Nomination/Scheduling support as required
- Develop, support and document Procurement related decisions
- Special projects related to capacity and or supply strategy issues
- Support in regulatory issues pertain to gas supply, including but not limited to serving as expert witness before regulatory bodies on Gas Supply Procurement, Market and Planning related matters.
- Negotiates ISDA and NAESB supply contracts with counterparties
- Maintains a thorough operations understanding of the natural gas pipelines, storage and ALNG systems in the U.S. and associated market structure and activity
- Maintains current knowledge of interstate pipelines and dispatch functions and balancing arrangement to maintain Eversource within supply tolerances levels and avoid penalties.
- Effectively manages the area by establishing and monitoring area goals, plans, performance objectives and budget. Analyzes and recommends resource levels to plan, develop and implement programs and plans. Establishes operating and financial objectives and aligns with department goals. Responsible for the management of area financial resources.
- Oversees the management and development of area staff. Manages the development and implementation of safety and training programs to ensure continued employee growth and development, supervises, selects, coaches and develops area staff.
- Technical Knowledge/Skills:
- Very strong analytical skills coupled with strong leadership capabilities, strong negotiation abilities, ability to develop external and internal relationships to accomplish corporate objectives, accurate, strong attention to detail, strong spreadsheet, PowerPoint skills, research with good written and presentation skills. E ducation/Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business, or related field. Master’s degree or MBA is preferred. Minimum of ten (10) years related experience. Licenses & Certification: None
Problem Solving & Complexity: Employee must possess ability to solve complex problems in real-time related to daily operations of providing gas supply to distribution system as operating conditions warrant. Employee will be able to comprehend complex variable relationships that constantly evolve in a dynamic condition (i.e. locational price differentials (“Basis”) when compared to market fundamentals (supply/demand balances) across varying time horizons.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs