Eversource Energy Lead Human Resources Business Partner in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for providing strategic and operational Human Resources (HR) programs and services to the management and employees of Corporate/Shared Services business areas. Partners with line management and Human Resources organization to design and deliver programs and processes that improve individual, business, and organizational performance, and align with company philosophy and objectives. As the key business area HR consultant, this position works directly with line management on the development and implementation of talent, culture and organization development strategies and programs that will drive performance. This includes performance management, talent and succession management, workforce planning, leadership and employee engagement, organization design and talent planning. This position also ensures all HR policies, standards, practices and programs are appropriately integrated with business activities, consistently implemented, communicated, and equitably administered in compliance with all federal and state legal requirements.
- Act as lead Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to Corporate/Shared Services business areas. Advises and coaches management and employees, as needed, on best approaches, practices, and generates options for achieving desired results. Develops ongoing communication and relationships to allow for proactive planning and partnership.
- Contributes to the development, design and implementation of key HR programs and initiatives per the Eversource Plan and HR Operating Plan. Provides insights and perspectives from the business.
- Identifies trends in assigned business areas and partners with leadership to develop and implement plans to address challenges (skill gaps, turnover, diversity, utilization, performance improvement/management, organization design and restructuring, etc.).
- Contributes to the business strategy by developing and leading the annual workforce planning process to identify, develop organizational and workforce capabilities, and ensure the business area has appropriate talent in the short and long term to execute business plans and meet objectives.
- Promotes a strong leadership and coaching culture by advising management on appropriate and effective performance management strategies to create and sustain a high-performance workforce. Deploys performance management process and partners with managers to drive effective individual and area performance in support of a pay for performance philosophy. Facilitates calibration and helps drive appropriate differentiation of ratings and rewards. Works with managers to pro-actively address performance issues. Serves as a resource in the development and ongoing support of Company performance management system, and tracking and measurement.
- Implements talent and succession management processes with business area leaders and consults with leaders to build development plans for high potential talent.
- Collaborates with management to ensure alignment of people, process, structure and culture with business strategies and operational initiatives. Supports business area change initiatives and partners with leadership and other corporate partners to identify and develop strategies and action plans to engage employees and build a high-performance culture. Communicates and implements Human Resources-led enterprise programs to develop a diverse, empowered and engaged workplace focused on safely delivering great customer service.
- Develops and implements strategies designed to create an environment that drives maximum individual and team effectiveness. Provides counseling and conflict resolution for both employees and management. Partners with Employee Relations/HR COE/peer and other corporate areas as appropriate to facilitate resolution of employee issues and ensure business compliance with HR programs and services. Counsels managers and employees consistent with Company policies, rules, guidelines, standards and practices.
- Provides meeting and team facilitation to all business units when a content-neutral, expert facilitator is required. Trains and coaches line management and HR team members on developing process facilitation skills.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Requires demonstrated work in strategic business partnering with an advanced working knowledge of Human Resources. Ability to see the big picture and align work to goals and priorities. Strong business acumen required. Ability to work with data, numbers, and key performance indicators, conduct thorough needs and data analyses for the purpose of developing relevant and practical business and HR solutions. Ability to fully evaluate the implications of a business proposal so as to understand what is required to execute it from an HR perspective (e.g., financial, regulatory, compliance, labor, talent, system, etc.). Must possess the initiative and capability to own and drive a program or project to completion with little to no supervision. Requires strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with a variety of levels in the organization. Must possess confidence in communications with leaders and ability to handle difficult situations and conflict. Strong project management skills. Adept at MS Office products and can develop professional documents, spreadsheets, presentations. Workday experience a plus.
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, related discipline or equivalent experience. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
Experience: Minimum of eight (8) years in Human Resources or related field.
Licenses & Certifications: Human Resources Certification preferred.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor