Eversource Energy Lead Gas Supply Planning Administrator in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Lead Administrator, Supply Planning Gas
Role and Scope of Position:
Assist the manager in analysis of strategies and objectives of the Company with regard to the Gas Supply Planning function. Represent the Company at the FERC and AGA on matters relating to interstate pipeline issues. Help in minimizing the cost of the portfolio by procuring term supplies, outsourcing for asset management and optimizing the use of underground storage. Participate in state regulatory proceedings regarding resource acquisition and management. Support competitive suppliers on capacity related issues. Seek DTE approval for changes in the gas supply portfolio.
- Performs the Lead Analyst role in the Gas Energy Supply business which has responsibility for $500 million of gas supply, transportation and storage assets across North America.
- Assists with developing the Company’s position on issues of interest and coordinates efforts with local and regional customer groups concerning the domestic and international gas industry.
- Keeps current with pipeline tariffs, rate cases and other filings.
- Coordinates resource needs with forecasting and planning staff.
- Develops the DTE mandated Integrated Resource Plan for the Gas Supply business. Leads development of the plan and coordinates input from Forecasting and other departments.
- Issues RFP’s and selects vendors for term, supplies, asset management, transportation and storage management agreements. Negotiates terms and conditions for asset management and other supply and transportation agreements.
- Prepares filings with the DTE in order to gain approval for all changes to the supply portfolio. Acts as Company witness for DTE hearings.
- Assists and backs up Gas Operations in the nomination of gas transportation and storage contracts.
- Manages the business requirements of the department's Gas Accounting System and Sarbanes Oxley reporting, including coordination with system users, vendor support staff and internal IS support.
- Requires a high-level knowledge of the natural gas business, along with strong analytical skills in accounting, economics, statistics or a related discipline
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel) and pipeline bulletin boards
- Requires computer modeling skills on complex systems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Business, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years of related experience
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting at a desk and using a personal computer.
- Job requires some travel to Washington D.C.
Mental Aspects : Leadership Behaviors/Competencies:
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs