Eversource Energy Lead Engineer in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
The Lead Engineer Essential Functions include:
- Supervises, coaches and develops Engineers; approves time sheets and conducts performance reviews. Assigns, prioritizes and directs work performed by at least 4 FTE Engineers.
- Responsible for the cost and performance of certain assets on the system, which may include reliability analysis, analyzing the extents of conditions, and monitoring equipment conditions.
- Performs R&D to determine/develop new equipment opportunities.
- Coordinate the consolidation of standards and approved equipment for from Legacy Companies to all Eversource.
- Responsible for development, justification and approval of the Life Cycle Plan activities over a multi-year horizon and for on-going projects.
- Ensures the design and specification of additions, modifications and replacements to the Transmission and Distribution systems (primarily Distribution), meet the minimum design requirements and have relevant Eversource standards to reference.
- Collaborates with other Engineers within Engineering to ensure consistency and teamwork.
- Provides technical support and direction to operating areas relative to system priorities, engineering guidelines and operating decisions during normal and emergency situations.
- Accountable for root cause analysis, development and implementation of corrective actions for equipment and tool failures.
- Responsible for the evaluation and selection of technology and equipment for the system, as well as working with supporting groups to ensure protection, coordination, communication needs, etc. are included in the strategy.
- Responsible for the development of standards and procedures for design, operation and maintenance, as well as administrative guidelines and polices at times.
- Assumes the role of the Manager, as required.
- Expected to assist with storm duty and any other major events.
Education: Requires a BS Engineering or BS Engineering Technology
Experience: Minimum of eight (8) years in the technical, operational, or engineering aspects of the electrical utility industry. Supervisory experience preferred.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor