Eversource Energy IT Product Manager, Level 3 in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
The IT Manager, Operations Services will manage application maintenance and support daily operations for a select suite of applications. This portfolio includes applications that support various business units including but not limited to: Enterprise Safety, Transportation, Vegetation Management, Engineering and Transmission Operations. More specifically, the IT Product Manager is responsible for leading the design, development, maintenance, and enhancement of business applications for the area. In addition, the manager will be responsible for maintaining and fostering relations with key business partners.
The incumbent works directly or through subordinates with customers, colleagues, and other key stakeholders to identify client’s information requirements and seeks out opportunities to construct new or modify existing applications that will enable business partners to achieve critical business strategies. Another key aspect of the role is educating the work force on the strategic use of technology. The incumbent will also be responsible for devising strategic plans to reduce the overall application portfolio, minimize complexities within the domain, reduce operational cost, improve application resiliency, and improve service delivery.
The position requires a high level of planning and organization, work management knowledge, the ability to effectively delegate work, ability to establish development standards and work practices, and solid judgement/problem solving skills. The main challenge of the product management process is achieving the optimum integration level of business systems with data integration with communications technology and evolving technology. Other key challenges will be stabilizing newly implemented applications and shifting the operations support model from a waterfall-based approach to agile for certain key applications.
The level 3 position is generally a manager level position that may have a supervisor and or domain architect(s) reporting to them. This position can sit in either our Westwood, Ma or Berlin, CT offices.
- Lead staff members through service delivery transformation.
- Work closely with new incumbent supplier to ensure contractual obligations and SLA’s are being met.
- Derive metrics to demonstrate and measure delivery improvement and fiscal responsibility.
- Direct the overall deployment and activities of their staff and facilitate the resolution of situations brought to their attention that impact the cost, schedule or technical parameters of projects and key efforts.
- Manages all deliverables and obligations related to application operation; application maintenance and support; and application release management for assigned application portfolio.
- Manages all outsourced managed services and cloud/hosted vendor contract SLAs related to application operation.
- Ensures all applications in portfolio are monitored for performance and assured operations in alignment with all automated and non-automated department monitoring standards.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key clients.
- Develop and utilize performance metrics to show process for service delivery and SLA adherence.
- Help drive area transition to an agile delivery approach.
- Integrate activities with business unit and other IT departments to ensure the successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Help to ensure successful delivery of key capital project implementations including seamless transition to steady state support.
- Effectively manage and control maintenance, outside service, and project costs.
- Lead the development of road maps for key applications to ensure application resiliency and provide added business value.
- Evaluation of root cause technical solutions proposed by the supplier; striving for elimination of technical debt.
- Coordinate preparation of statements of work and specifications, estimation of product / service costs and pricing, and negotiation and administration of contracts.
- Negotiate IT’s interests and manage external vendor, contractor and material contracts.
- Strong technical acumen with mastery level of development concepts and underlying technology as well as the software development life cycle.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills including the ability to solve complex technical problems.
- Ability to work collaboratively and lead a team of direct reports and managed services vendors including day-to-day coaching and performance management/assessment.
Strong customer service and teamwork skills.
Customer-first orientation and strong passion for delivering quality tools and solutions.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and management skills, and strong business acumen.
- Strong experience managing outsourced IT managed services providers a must.
- Ability to think strategically to anticipate the needs of business partners and longevity of applications in portfolio.
- Exhibits an exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and/or resourcefulness.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment, with acute attention to detail.
- Ability to translate data into actionable plans and tactics.
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with stakeholders and managed services providers.
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Applies extensive organizational and/or project management expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. May be viewed as expert within a given field.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a focus in computer science,computer information systems or a closely related area.
A minimum of 10 years related experience is required of which (5) five years includes supervisory/leadership responsibilities. A minimum of (5) five years related experience managing outsourced IT managed services providers. A minimum of (5) years’ experience supporting COTS and other application software solutions. Experience working with or supporting operations services related applications such as Ebuilder, Work Studio, Chevin preferred but not required. Knowledge and experience working within an agile framework a plus.
Licenses & Certifications:
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs