Eversource Energy Environmental Specialist in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 4 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
The Environmental-Specialist (Facilities Compliance Coordinator) is responsible for coordinating and enabling facility compliance activities in the areas of air emissions, water discharges and waste management.
- Maintains facility compliance manuals, permits, SPCC plans and regulatory filings associated with facility compliance matters.
- Assists operations and facilities with compliance matters such as waste storage and disposal, record keeping, etc.
- Conducts quarterly inspections of facilities to ensure compliance protocols are being adhered to by operations and facilities personnel.
- Acts as a liaison for Facilities during environmental audits and works with operations/facilities to develop response actions.
- Supports the implementation of company-wide environmental initiatives.
- Provides training and messaging to ensure awareness and compliance.
- Monitors governmental organizations for new rules, regulations, laws and policies applicable to the specific area.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related technical environmental experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of state and federal rules associated with waste, water and air regulations
- Strong organization skills
- Strong knowledge in hazardous waste management, waste water management, spill prevention, air pollution control, PCB management.
- Understanding of environmental aspects of building facilities’ operations as well as the transmission and distribution of electricity and the distribution of gas a plus
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced working environment with multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Periodic travel may be required across the Eversource service territory (NH, MA, CT)
- Must be available to travel to facilities throughout Massachusetts on a regular basis
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Specific environmental experience in the Northeast region (CT, MA and/or NH) preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, related technical discipline or equivalent experience
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs