Eversource Energy Director, Customer Digital & Technology Strategy in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Role & Scope:
•Provide support of key customer technology systems including legacy CIS systems of C2 and CIS, as well as telephony systems.
•Develop, prepare and execute strategic plans for comprehensive customer centric digital strategy. Plans should include initiatives to ensure continuous digital adoption growth and enhance the digital customer experience. while supporting overall customer satisfaction.
•Develop, prioritize and drive implementation and achievement of key customer technology systems and digital customer growth initiatives and solutions.
•Represent the customer group on IT strategies and initiatives and develop appropriate customer group actions that support the IT work plans.
•Provide leadership for ERP message delivery to ensure customers are provided with high quality messaging in their channel of choice during emergency events. This is inclusive of ensuring an effective response to an ERP and to heading up efforts to enhance the message delivery division.
•Work closely, align and integrate customer group IT initiatives with strategic communications, information technology, and energy efficiency and other enterprise business groups.
- Develops, implements and achieves digital customer adoption strategic plans that grow adoption and improve customer satisfaction in digital channels – across our web, IVR, email, SMS and mobile solutions.
- Ensures effective operation of customer technology solutions, including performance testing; analysis and resolutions of performance issues; recommendation of people, process or technology enhancements to ensure systems are highly available for customers and employee users.
- Develops, manages and monitors key metrics that provide information on the effectiveness of customer technology and digital strategies.
- Ensures best practice customer and user experience research to inform enhancements to customer technology and digital solutions.
- Monitors and analyzes customer facing technology development and incorporate recommendations into customer technology and digital strategies.
- Prepares and presents high-quality executive-level presentations
- Works closely with our IT partners to ensure timely high-quality delivery of customer technology solutions.
- Provides business direction and value-based prioritization to multiple outside partner IT hosted solution/vendors to support digital adoption growth and satisfaction.
- Works collaboratively with business organizations such as Energy Efficiency, electric and gas operations and strategic communications to evaluate and implement enhancements to the customer or employee user experience.
- Develops and manages budget and business plans for customer digital and technology team.
- Effectively directs and manages customer digital and technology team.
- Requires extensive knowledge of principles of customer digital and technology tools and best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of business and technology experience with increased responsibility in digital and IT strategy
- Experience in the digital customer experience management preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is primarily performed in an office environment which requires a combination of computer and telephone work as well as travel to our Northeast Utilities offices across CT, NH and MA. The role will include staying current with industry trends via attendance at key conferences.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes multiple priorities and conflicting interests (customer outreach, mitigating inbound call center impact, resource availability).
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs