Eversource Energy Cloud & Automation Domain Architect in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
The Cloud & Automation Domain Architect is responsible for contributing to the domain roadmap, standards and practices into the overall Enterprise Architecture as well as supporting solution development efforts guided by Solutions Architects that involve their assigned domain. Efficient governance over the domain is necessary to ensure that the technologies are incorporated into solutions in compliant, standard, and supportable ways.
- Responsible for successfully applying the technology in their domain to solve business problems in a supportable, cost effective, way.
- Understands how the domain supports Eversource needs and assesses current capabilities and future needs to identify necessary changes to the domain technologies or practices.
- Develop guidance for incorporating the technology within their domain into solutions, including defined standards, reference architectures, solution guidelines and metrics. Define patterns and building blocks that leverage domain technologies in an optimal way.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business needs, including those of IT.
- Define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, typically in sync with the IT budgeting or other capital planning processes.
- Analyze the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. In addition, analyze the technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise as well as on the enterprise technology architecture.
- Mentor and collaborate with technical subject matter experts and EA to develop technology architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models.
- Consult on technology implementation and modification activities (for example, projects), particularly for new or shared infrastructure solutions.
- Facilitate the research, evaluation, and selection of hardware and software technology and product standards, as well as the design of standard configurations and technology platforms.
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures and culture) and financial impact of changes to the technology architecture.
- Participates in Eversource Enterprise Architecture processes as the expert in their domain(s) and works with peers to align architects.
- Incorporate domain standards, practices, guidance and roadmaps into the Eversource Architects and communicate them via architecture documents, meetings or other channels. Periodically review and maintain the accuracy of the information.
- Develop Standards, practices, roadmaps, for inclusion in the Eversource EA and for use in developing solutions leveraging the domain technology
- Provides technology consulting to solution architects and others who are using or modifying multiple domain technologies within a solution, insuring the technology operates coherently to meet overall needs.
- Effectively integrate knowledge from subject matter experts and peers from other technical areas.
- Responsible for governance over solutions that leverage their domain technologies.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Define, implement, and drive future vision of the automation process and frameworks. Experience with automated deployment, continuous integration, and release engineering tools.Knowledge of cloud environments and how to implement cloud architectures. Knowledge of high availability, disaster recovery, auto-scaling and self-healing concepts. Develop and execute test plans with a strong emphasis on using code to shorten release cycles via automation. Work with the business to design and implement automated solutions to reduce manual intervention. Knowledge of containers using tools such as Docker or Kubernetes. Experience with cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS. Experience with Microsoft scripting languages such as powershell, JSON, .NET, and C#. Extensive knowledge about APIs and RESTful services. Experience with source code management with tools such as Team Foundation Services (TFS) or Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS). Experience with configuration, orchestration, and automation tools, such as SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager), Chef, Jenkins, Ansible, and Puppet. Ability to think outside the box and develop solutions. Evaluate and recommend new toolsets, technologies, and processes.
Education: ABachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree is a plus.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years in an automation role or Lead Subject Matter Expert role prefered. A minimum of 5 years related experience working with technology or application solutions, including experience in architecture, design, implementation, support, and management of the technologies appropriate for the specific positions required.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor