Eversource Energy Associate Construction Representative- Training Program in Westwood, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Eversource is a leader in enabling a clean energy future for New England. We are making significant investments in our electric transmission and distribution system to support the integration of clean energy resources such as solar and wind power, electric vehicles, and energy storage technologies
The Transmission business transmits and distributes electricity from power generators to distribution centers, other electric utilities and customers. The transmission system includes lines and transformer stations, while the distribution system consists of lines, poles, meters and wiring that deliver the electricity to customers.
We know that our success depends on the best efforts of our engaged team- diverse, talented and dedicated individuals who take pride in their work, know and exhibit the value of teamwork and collaboration, and support each other in working safely every day.
We are looking for talented individuals to help us continue enhancing New England’s largest energy delivery system and enabling a Clean Energy Future! Could this be you?
**START DATE Summer 2022**
This 12-month training program is designed to provide you with an opportunity for career development, training and varied work experience. Throughout the program, you will gain experience working in the various areas noted below.
- System Operations
- Station Operations
- Technical Training
- Real Estate
- Project Management
- Field Construction
You will be assigned a mentor for development and coaching while working in your developmental assignments. You will receive business area briefings and technical training to prepare for a successful career in Eversource’s Transmission Business.
The Associate Construction Representative is an entry - level training program responsible for managing construction contractor activities in accordance to project plans and specifications for projects in Connecticut, Massachusetts or New Hampshire. You will observe and inspect construction contractors to ensure adherence to specifications, codes, state/local siting conditions, contract documents, environmental regulations, and safety regulations. You’ll be assigned transmission line and/or substation construction projects within an assigned geographic area in addition to working closely with personnel in Transmission Project Management, Environmental Permitting, Siting, local control center, and Outreach Services.
- Individual is assigned projects of low complexity requiring close stakeholder interaction such as substation relay replacements projects, transmission line structure replacements projects, other system enhancement projects or be assigned a portion of a larger complex project under the supervision of an experienced Construction Representative.
- Ensures contractor compliance with Federal, State, Local and Eversource environmental and safety programs, policies, rules and regulations.
- Ensures contractor compliance with Eversource standards and procedures
- Manages contract field construction and maintenance activities at transmission and distribution facilities in accordance with approved project documents, established engineering practices, Federal, State and local laws, and construction industry standards to achieve world-class field construction performance.
- Ensures Project Manager and project team are notified of any deviations in construction safety compliance, environmental compliance, schedule, design, materials, budget, and commissioning plans.
- Reviews project design and construction documents to ensure constructability and schedule adherence.
- Reviews project material requirements to identify items that have not been ordered to support the construction project. Coordinates delivery of materials to construction site.
- Attends, participates, and may lead scheduled project meetings
- Conducts on site construction management briefings and prepare reports reflecting project status, schedule and project uncertainties.
- Ability to oversee and coordinate contractor activities.
- May be responsible for development or review of commissioning plans, outage requests, and holds electrical system clearances and take switching orders to support construction projects and or storm restoration.
- Responsible for contractor evaluations, project reconciliations and close out activities following completion of projects.
- May be required to establish accurate and professional communications with customers during a project.
- May be required to work extended hours during certain phases of construction projects.
- Provides substation escort for non-qualified individuals.
- OSHA Training
- Knowledge of applicable safety regulations and codes along with construction standards and regulations.
- Working knowledge of construction methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of energy delivery power systems.
- Experience in Transmission Systems is preferred
- The ability to learn and utilize available information technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, related discipline or equivalentexperience
- Zero (0) to three years of related experience
- Experience in Transmission Systems ispreferred
Licenses & Certifications :
- Must obtain and maintain switching and tagging certification.
- Maintains a valid motor vehicle driver's license
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Construction activities are performed year-round, work schedule dependent on specific project.
Check out this video to find out what it’s like to work on our growing Transmission team!
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs