Eversource Energy Analyst, Regulatory Projects in Westwood, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
The Analyst, Regulatory Projects will support a team that is dedicated to assisting the Rates and Revenue Requirements organization across three state jurisdictions (CT, MA, NH) and FERC, as well as the Treasury organization. The Analyst will function as a dynamic and flexible resource within the regulatory and treasury organization, performing research and analysis in support of regulatory filings led by various teams and managers. The Analyst’s contributions will focus on major regulatory filings as well as development of new and emerging business areas that span across Eversource’s regulated jurisdictions. Examples of project areas include the regulatory framework relating to grid modernization, distributed energy compensation, special project cost recovery, regulatory requirements related to corporate transactions, rate cases etc.
- The Analyst will be assigned to support project teams throughout theRates, Revenue Requirements and Treasuryorganization and will be expected to work closely with a variety of staff, teams and managers.
- Will work under of primary direction of the Manager, Regulatory Projects with secondary direction from other Managers and Directors withinthe Rates, Revenue Requirements and Treasury organization based on projects to which they are assigned.
- Contributes to portions of filings that establish a level of revenue requirements that supports a reasonable rate of return for shareholders. Filings are typically new cost recovery dockets, reconciliation filings, compliance filings, regulatory approval for new business initiatives, or rate cases. Researches issues, prepares testimony and develops supporting exhibits under the direction of expert witnesses. Prepares responses to data requests.
- Performs financial, regulatory and policy research in support of special regulatory projects. Research will support development of regulatory strategies, cost recovery proposals and utility business models.
- Performs financial statement analysis of various counterparties to assess and monitor counterparty credit exposure and support the negotiation of credit terms and conditions with third parties.
- Works effectively as a team with others in the organization including Rate and Revenue Requirement Analysts in all regulated jurisdictions, Treasury, Legal, Accounting and Engineering.
- Develops analysis individually that will support filings in an ethical manner. Analysis will include accounting practices and financial principles used in general industry, as well as those unique to utilities. Work products must be able to withstand challenges from opposing parties.
- Technical Knowledge/Skill: Knowledge and experience of accounting and finance principals, with application to utilities preferred. Knowledge, experience and demonstrated ability in areas of financial reporting and analyses. Demonstrated ability in working across functional / organizational boundaries is desirable. Strong communication skills. Familiarity with concepts related to emerging utility technologies (e.g. distributed energy, grid modernization, storage, etc.) is highly desirable.
- Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or closely-related discipline required.
- Experience : A minimum of 5 years of related experience, or the equivalent combination of educational background and relevant work experience
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor