Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association, Inc. Corporate Finance Analyst I or II (IRC27113) in Westminster, Colorado
Responsible for assisting with the preparation and review of financial and related documents, including offering and bond documents, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) documents, and related filings. Also responsible for assisting with preparing financial analyses and presentations for banking and lending institutions, rating agencies and other parties.
NOTE: There is one position available and this position will be filled at either the Corporate Finance Analyst I (NB16) or Corporate Finance Analyst II (NB18). This decision will be based on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate and Tri-State business needs at the time of hire.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with preparation and review of financial and related documents, including offering documents, bond documents, SEC documents, and filings.
- Prepare and develop presentations and materials provided to investment banks, commercial banks, lenders, rating agencies and other parties.
- Prepare and develop presentations and materials provided to senior management and members of the Board of Directors.
- Prepare analysis of specific financing alternatives, capitalization structure, buy versus lease, and other financial analysis as required.
- Support Corporate Finance Manager and Treasurer in communicating with investment banks, commercial banks, rating agencies and other investors.
- Coordinate with functional areas of the company and external parties to complete research related to and ensure compliance with Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) flood insurance requirements.
- Prepare and analyze corporate finance long-term financial forecast information.
- Prepare and analyze monthly corporate finance reports as well as quarterly and annual reports as assigned.
- Assist with maintaining records of all financing and related activities.
- Maintain economic and statistical information and produce reports as needed.
- Support Corporate Finance Administration Manager, as needed.
- Flowchart and document all procedures.
- Adhere to and demonstrate compliance with appropriate electric utility industry regulatory requirements. Attain knowledge and remain knowledgeable of development in regulations, laws, standards and best practices applicable to the functional area including, but not limited to, Standards of Conduct, Environmental, Employment Law, NERC Reliability Standards and Safety. Must be familiar with, and comply with, all aspects of Corporate Policy C-54, Compliance.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with Tri-State's culture embodied in the Cooperative principles and spirit and core values of technical competency, respect and dignity, accountability, integrity, trustworthiness, and servant leadership to empower or otherwise enable others to optimally perform their job responsibilities. Demonstrate and promote ethics and behaviors consistent with Tri-State's culture, Board policies, and business practices. Understand and fulfill the role and responsibility for all compliance programs within the company.
- Because Tri-State is an electric utility with continuous service obligations to its customers, regular, reliable, and predictable performance of the essential functions and responsibilities is an essential function of the job.
- Because Tri-State has an obligation to provide continuous, reliable electric service to its customers, the ability to work overtime at any time of the day or week is considered an essential function of the job.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other related duties as assigned
SUCCESS FACTORS/JOB COMPETENCIES:
- Planning: ability to think ahead and plan within timelines and resources; develop scopes, plan and schedule work; assist with setting priorities and goals; anticipate and adjust for problems; evaluate workloads; measure and evaluate performance against established goals.
- Time management: the ability to stay within established work schedules and deadlines.
- Problem analysis and resolution of financial management issues at both strategic and functional levels.
- Technical skills in conducting economic and statistical analysis of corporate financial information.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with company values.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including ability to establish and maintain working relationships with members of other company business units.
- Strong team player including working with and supporting Corporate Finance Administration staff.
- Advanced computer proficiency including developing and maintaining electronic spread sheets used to analyze and forecast financial management information.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Science in Finance or Business Administration or an equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
Knowledge, Skills, and Ability:
- General knowledge of prevailing debt markets and the effect of economic conditions on markets.
- Working knowledge of statistical and financial analysis techniques.
- Working knowledge of PC's with a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to perform detail work with high degree of accuracy.
- Knowledge of accounting concepts desired.
- Ability to work independently.
- Two and one half (2 1/2) to five (5) years of experience in finance.
- Willingness to travel as required (must possess a valid driver's license).
DESIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters' degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- Finance experience in the electric utility industry.
The above requirements describe the experience and education qualifications for the Corporate Finance Analyst II. Those with less experience will be hired at the Level I.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is primarily required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, and bend. Incumbent may be required to lift items weighing up to 20 pounds including the filing and retrieval of various finance related documents. Specific vision abilities include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Mental demands: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is required to read, write, analyze and review financial data and prepare related reports, exercise judgment and work independently, assist with making decisions concerning financial management options and alternatives, prepare presentations of financial information and work under pressure.
- Work Environment: While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is exposed to moderate level of noise. Majority of duties are performed indoors primarily at a desk.
Job Title: Corporate Finance Analyst I or II (IRC27113)
Location: Westminster, CO, US
Base Location: Headquarters-Westminster, Colorado
Amount of Travel: Up to 10%
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran