NextEra Energy Senior Financial Analyst in West Palm Beach, Florida
Senior Financial Analyst
Date:Dec 31, 2020
Primary Location:West Palm Beach, FL, US, 33407
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 48554
is a national company with local roots in the communities we serve. Headquartered in south Florida, FPLES is a leader in providing energy solutions for our customers’ toughest challenges.
Position Specific Description In this role, you will lead the commercial analysis and improvement process for multiple new and existing product lines and services for our FPLES team including commercial, residential, and industrial. You will be responsible for creating new accounting structures, reporting, and metrics to track and report on operational performance and growth. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with forecasting experience for 1-5 year forecast cycles.
Ready to take your career to the next level? Apply now!
Employees in this role support senior management decision making via financial modeling and analysis, including but not limited to, revenue requirements and customer bill impacts, discounted cash flow analysis, and financial statement modeling. This position identifies and conducts complex analysis of financial impacts to issues and/or decisions facing the company and proposes strategies to maximize financial performance of company. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies, analyzes, and communicates to management the impact on the Company's financial structure, profitability, and competitive position utilizing relevant analytical methods and/or department forecasting models
- Provides financial analysis support for various projects, calculating revenue requirements, net present value, customer bill impact, etc.
- Provides expertise, support, and financial training for the company departments requiring these services
- Performs financial analyses as required by management or regulatory bodies
- Makes recommendations on financing decisions and executes long and/or short term financings
- Prepares PowerPoint presentations to be provided to Senior and Executive Management
- Acts as a mentor to lower level employees
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 5+ years
- Bachelor’s - Accounting / Finance
- Master’s - Accounting / Finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: FPL Energy Services, Inc Location: West Palm Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs