NextEra Energy N Engineer Senior in West Palm Beach, Florida
N Engineer Senior
Date:Nov 28, 2018
Primary Location:West Palm Beach, FL, US, 33407
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 27976
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Nuclear Engineer Senior -Circuit Card Lab (CCL)
This position performs a variety of engineering tasks that require extensive analysis and evaluation of components utilized across our enterprise. This position also includes responsibilities for technical decisions associated with important or complex projects to support the ISC business plan. This position performs general procurement engineering functions, with special emphasis on reverse engineering (RE) of components, analysis of circuit boards, Item Equivalency Evaluations (IEE), development of associated cost effective countermeasures, and providing expert advice for component design, manufacturing processes and quality control.
This position requires a demonstration of proficiency or ability to learn automated purchasing and materials management computer systems (familiarity and ability to use INDUS Passport/Ventyx Asset Suite is desired). Direct experience in the electrical discipline or Instrument & Control is preferred. This position performs reverse engineering review, measurement, inspection and analysis and also provides support for testing activities being performed in the circuit card repair lab. Direct experience with circuit design, manufacturing processes, component and vendor quality control, circuit card repairs and use of CAD design programs is preferred. This position may also require the individual to conduct “hands on” physical evaluations, testing or critical measurement of a component to establish necessary design and functional data.
This position may require the individual to act as a Project Lead or provide a supporting role to a team project. In either case, the individual will have full responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, reporting and coordinating project assignments (as required). This position plans and develops engineering projects concerned with unique or controversial complexities which have important impact on major company programs. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope, selection of areas for investigation, and development of novel concepts. This position will be a technical liaison to individuals within and outside his/her organization with responsibility to act independently regarding technical matters pertaining to individual's field with minimal supervision.
This position is located at the Corporate Procurement Engineering and Dedication (CPED) facility in West Palm Beach.
- Familiar with PGD Wind systems (GE, Siemens, etc.)
- Read and comprehend electrical drawings and schematics.
- Assemble, troubleshoot, repair, and test Printed Circuit Boards.
- Assemble, troubleshoot, repair, and test Power Supplies and a variety of electronic devices and components.
- Perform routine and complex in-circuit and out-of-circuit component test activities to ensure that components function as specified.
- Conduct advanced circuit board functional testing as required to ensure that the design function of the circuit board performs as intended
- Experience using a variety of electrical/electronic test equipment.
- Soldering experience with specific skills that can meet IPC standards for workmanship
- Be capable of assembly and repairing circuit boards with either thru-hole or surface mount technology or mixed technology
- Candidate is expected to prepare detailed technical reports and is expected to be familiar with Microsoft Office. Job Overview This job is responsible for performing engineering activities that support projects and operations across the nuclear business. Employees in this role apply broad nuclear plant engineering experience and principles to make decisions and recommendations. Individuals work with independence and have wide latitude to exercise judgment over technical solution development.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs highly complex engineering tasks that require knowledge and experience with nuclear industry standards and regulations
- Leads discussions in a group setting to resolve problems or coordinate design production
- Applies nuclear industry standards and regulations to solve new problems and address situations
- Serves as technical liaison within the nuclear business unit
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
Bachelor's – Engineering
- Experience: 7+ years
Nuclear Experience: 4+ years Preferred Qualifications
Master's – Engineering
Certified Professional Engineer (PE) Special Requirements Nuclear Specific Requirements:
Engineering or related experience: 7+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Engineering Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: West Palm Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami Job Segment:Nuclear, Power Plant, Energy