NextEra Energy N Engineer II - Corporate Procurement Engineering in West Palm Beach, Florida
N Engineer II - Corporate Procurement Engineering
Date:Jun 23, 2018
Primary Location:West Palm Beach, FL, US, 33407
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 24463
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description This position focuses on the Integrated Supply Chain - Technical Services specialized capabilities such as Corporate Procurement Engineering, Commercial Grade Dedication, Seismic Testing, Reverse Engineering, Initial qualification and Electronic Component Repairs as well as direct interface with the nuclear fleet. Here you will use your technical experience to:
- Provides consistency in application and standardization for procurement engineering evaluations/reviews including classifications, commercial grade dedications, item equivalency evaluations and material analysis wherever possible and appropriate
- Ensures procured material and services meet the Design Basis by developing and specifying technical and quality procurement Requirements; consult with Design Engineers to ensure that like for like replacements are specified as appropriate in alignment with the design basis for the plant
- Establish material safety classifications and quality levels by researching design and regulatory documents
- Establish procurement methodology including developing Commercial Grade Dedication criteria
- Establish procurement engineering documents which result in accurate technical and quality information supporting proper procurement and cost savings where appropriate
- Maintain plant configuration utilizing or initiating appropriate change document (item equivalency or design change)
- Perform responsibilities with supervisor oversight
- Support Nuclear Fleet corrective action program
This position will also require you to have and develop knowledge of each of the functions that Technical Services provides to champion our services with external customers such that new opportunities are brought to our team and continued support is maintained.
In this position, use your proficiency or ability to learn operating automated technical, purchasing, materials and receiving management computer systems. Familiarity and ability to use ABB/VENTYX Asset Suite/INDUS Passport is desired. Preference for an Electrical Engineer.
Job Overview This job performs activities in support of engineering operations and project completion. Employees in this role conduct engineering root cause analysis and develop cost effective countermeasures. Individuals also perform engineering fundamental activities to support operations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs engineering/analytical tasks to develop reliable, cost effective recommendations
- Uses advanced computer models to develop and study solution feasibility
- Prepares engineering documentation and assists with technical support for licensing and other regulatory proceedings
- Ensures procured materials and services meet engineering specifications
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's – Engineering
Experience: 2+ years Preferred Qualifications
Certified Professional Engineer (PE) Special Requirements Nuclear Specific Requirements:
Engineering or related experience:2+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Engineering Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: West Palm Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Nearest Major Market:Palm Beach Nearest Secondary Market:Miami Job Segment:Nuclear, Energy