Dominion Energy Nuclear Instrument Technician I in WATERFORD, Connecticut
Nuclear Instrument Technician I
At Dominion Energy we love our jobs. That’s right. Love. Every day we go to work filled with passion to be excellent, to creatively problem solve and to innovate. These are exciting days for energy companies, and Dominion Energy aims to shape the future of energy in America. We are looking at all of our work with fresh eyes, retooling everything we do, in every part of the company, to operate more sustainably and to deliver energy more reliably than ever. We are looking for interesting, independent thinkers and doers who can help shape the culture of a forward-looking company that’s proud of its rich legacy. Are you a change agent? Do you think differently? Do you want to fall in love with your job? If you answered “yes,” then read on!
At this time, Dominion Energy cannot transfer nor sponsor a work visa for this position.
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
This is the entry level in a 3 level job series.
Candidates will only be considered for the position level to which they apply. In order to be considered for other levels, you must apply directly to the job posting for that level.
This position is pending availability of a vacancy.
The Nuclear Instrument Technician Iworks under direction of a Supervisor or Senior Technician and performs maintenance and calibration activities, including work activities in both a shop and field environment in normal and radiological areas of the plant. Work activities are related to maintenance, calibration and testing of safety-related equipment associated with electrical, mechanical and instrumentation & control systems.
Job responsibilities include:
• Assists with scheduled work activities such as preventative maintenance, corrective maintenance, and calibrations.
• Works on both analog and digital control systems including microprocessor, electronic, and pneumatic instrumentation and controls including pressure, temperature, and flow sensors and associated alarm circuits.
• Corrects anomalous operations of indicators, controllers and instrument loops using more advanced test equipment and investigative techniques.
• Accurately completes documentation associated with assigned job tasks and complies with approved procedures.
• Complies with and demonstrates a working knowledge of Work Management processes, Equipment Clearances (safety tagging), Radiological Work permits associated with department maintenance work assignments and Safety regulations, policies, and practices.
• Assists Technicians with performing maintenance, calibrations, and testing of equipment and control loops on systems and equipment, including the reactor containment and other radiological areas, during all modes of plant operation.
• Uses industry accepted human performance practices to promote error free performance and coaches others to raise standards and expectations.
• Satisfactorily completes the initial training requirements and on-the-job training and evaluation requirements identified in the Nuclear Instrument Technician Training Program as accredited by the National Academy for Nuclear Training.
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications outlined below.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
Candidates must meet one of the following:
Successfully completed the Naval Nuclear Propulsion training program and possess a minimum of 3 years of experience (hands on experience in the field/fleet) in the following discipline; Nuclear Electronics Technician (ET)
Possess 3 years or more industrial experience in a directly related field (ex. Instrument & Controls, electronics, etc). Military electronic experience in any Armed Force Services is preferred.
Successfully completed the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Training program and possess a minimum of 3 years combined Navy Nuclear Electronics Technician and Industrial experience in a directly related field (ex. Instrument & Controls, electronics, etc).
• Satisfactorily completes the required initial training and on-the-job training and evaluation processes in order to proceed in line of progression as identified in the Nuclear Instrument Technician Training Program as accredited by the National Academy for Nuclear Training.
• Must be physically able and willing to utilize respirators, SCBA bottles, fall protection or other equipment essential to the requirements of maintaining a Nuclear Power Plant including making containment entries.
• Must be able to and willing to work at varying elevations, confined quarters and radiological areas of the plant.
• Must have the physical ability to carry a minimum of 50 pounds tooling, test equipment, and plant equipment.
Associate Degree or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated related experience may be accepted in lieu of preferred level of education.
Preferred Discipline: Instrumentation Technology
Other disciplines may be substituted for the preferred discipline(s) listed above
Licenses, Certifications, or Quals Description
Must possess minimum qualifications and experience as defined in ANSI Standard 3.1 Section 4.5.2 for Surry and North Anna positions. Must possess minimum qualifications and experience as defined in ANSI Standard 18.1 at Millstone and Kewaunee.
Loud Noise Up to 25%
Radiation Up to 25%
Travel Up to 25%
Other Working Conditions
This job requires recommended test results from the EEI Power Plant Maintenance Selection System (MASS) aptitude test, administered on site during the pre-employment process. To view the practice test, cut and paste the following URL in your browser, https://careers.dominionenergy.com/content/Pre-Employment-Testing/
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.
Top 3 Reasons to Work at Dominion Energy 1. Great Work Life Balance2. Generous Pay and Benefits3. Collaborative & Inclusive Culture
About Dominion Energy I am your warm cup of coffee in the morning and I light your home at night. I am the cool breeze from your A/C on the hottest day in summer, and the red coil that heats your soup pot on a frigid winter’s day. I am sustainable, reliable and affordable. I am not just any energy… I am Dominion Energy. We're transforming the way we do business to build a more sustainable future for the planet, our customers, our team and our industry. We're shaping the future of energy in America. Join us!
Facts:·21,000 employees·Headquarters: Richmond, VA·16 states in the US·$100 billion of assets·Nearly $35 million in charitable contributions·100,000+ volunteer hours recorded in the community
Nearest Major Market:HanoverNearest Secondary Market:Chesterfield Job Segment: Technician, Nuclear, Electrical, Power Plant Operator, Instrumentation, Technology, Energy, Engineering
Check out other featured jobs:
- Dominion Energy Jobs