Eversource Energy Planner, Operations, Gas in Waterbury, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Role and Scope of Position:
This position is responsible for planning, organizing and managing the Gas Distribution field workload through accurate forecasting, staffing calculations, scheduling and management reports. Creates, maintains and upgrades short and long-term staffing models and trending forecasts to improve the efficiency of the Gas Operations area. Prepares work schedules for district operations through analysis of projected workload, resource requirements and prescribed time frames. Ensures that work plans and schedules facilitate timely and cost-effective completion of all capital workload including new business, compliance and mandated work, system reliability, and maintenance and construction.
- Generates district work plans and schedules that ensure resources are available to meet workload demands. Provides contingency plans to rebalance workload.
- Monitors current and future workload to ensure district plans and schedules maximize productivity, control costs and meets or exceeds service level agreements (SLA’s).
- Creates and maintains accurate short and long-term forecasting and staffing models that ensure the effective utilization of distribution resources.
- Evaluates current procedures and recommends changes to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling of projects.
- Works with Compliance Coordinators to distribute district compliance and mandated program work.
- Ensures that all projects are executed and closed out in a timely, accurate and cost-effective manner and according to Company policy.
- Develops time and cost schedules for district management through analysis of survey statistics and productivity information.
- Prepares weekly and monthly workload status reports for management.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Requires working and technical knowledge of specific Distribution departmental activities including construction standards, operating and maintenance procedures and regulations related to Distribution field activity. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Work Management and spreadsheets). Strong analytical skills and demonstrated skill in workload planning and resource allocation.
Education: Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, related discipline or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum of five (5) years in Gas Operations or related field.
Licenses & Certifications: None
Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires visits to job sites on an as needed basis. Job can require spending time driving to different geographic locations.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
Work includes analyzing, implementing and coordinating. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs