Eversource Energy LNG Operator in Waterbury, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Role and Scope of Position:
The LNG Operator position is responsible for the safe and reliably operation and monitoring of the LNG facility in accordance with the LNG plant policies and procedures. This position has security responsibilities at the facility and as a secondary function is responsible for assisting with the maintenance of the LNG facility as needed.
The LNG Operator I position reports to the LNG Operations Supervisor.
The LNG Operator must be fully qualified in accordance with the plant training manual, understand all aspects of the Facility operations and must demonstrate his/her capability to perform the position essential functions and particularly the performance of the following tasks without supervision: Liquefaction, Inventory management, transfer systems, truck loading/offloading, vaporization systems, and general utility systems.
- Properly operates, adjusts and monitors the liquefaction, truck loading, and sendout operations.
- Follow operational procedures and provides feedback to his/her supervisor.
- Records equipment readings, interprets abnormal readings and alarms to take pre-designated corrective action including activation of emergency equipment and procedures.
- Works in conjunction with LNG team and supervision to operate all plant equipment as required for type of process in operation, liquefaction, vaporization, trucking and stand-by.
- Successfully completes company sponsored training as required
- Works without supervision on nights and weekends, maintaining proper plant operation, emergency equipment and procedures, notifies proper authority of any abnormalities.
- Monitors building security systems, and notifies appropriate personnel of alarm situations.
- Controls and limits access to the plant property, monitors security cameras and systems, and responds to plant security alarms and breeches of plant security as prescribed in the plant security procedure.
- Safely perform plant systems startups and shutdowns.
- Follows all Eversource policies and procedures.
- promotes a culture of safety, regulatory compliance, and environmental responsibility.
- Communicates effectively with plant Supervision and coworkers.
- Operates the LNG plant in compliance with the Code of Federal Regulations.
- Must be able to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Keep accurate equipment logs and records.
- Must be able to analyze and work from dimensional drawings, mechanical, electrical and control prints and schematics.
- Must be physically able to perform the required duties which include but are not limited to: climbing the LNG storage tank (147 feet high), working in elevated and confined spaces, lifting, and working in inclement weather conditions, extreme heat and cold.
- Must possess a high degree of knowledge in operation of: electrical motors, centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, centrifugal pumps, industrial engines, electronic controls and all other process plant equipment.
- Must be able to successfully complete company sponsored training programs for initial LNG Plant operation, LNG Operator training, firefighting training, security training, HAZMAT training, first aid, OSHA required training, and other required training programs.
- Must be able to work a rotating shift work schedule subject to changes according to Plant operating demands.
- Must have permanent residence within 45 minutes of the LNG facility.
- Ability to work in a culture of safety, reliability, efficiency, and compliance.
- Communicate with different groups, including operations staff, maintenance staff, compliance, engineering and other Eversource corporate groups.
- Capacity to clearly and effectively follow operational procedures.
- Ability to understand and manage process control systems.
Education: High school diploma or the equivalent OR Associate’s degree in a technical area such as engineering and controls technology, computer technology or the equivalent.
Experience: Ideal candidates should have at least five (5) years of relevant operations experience in a process plant setting and demonstrable/verifiable knowledge of mechanical equipment operation (i.e. compressors, pumps, instrumentation systems, control systems, etc.)
Working conditions will include operation from control room environment with routine outside work in all types of weather during plant rounds, facility walkthroughs and implementation of operational procedures.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
The LNG Operator is expected to have an excellent knowledge of the LNG Facility operations to ensure the Facility is operating within the design parameters and to quickly safely identify operational issues and communicate them to plant supervision.
The Waterbury LNG Operator will be expected to be in good physical shape and able to climb ladders, platforms, staircases, and other physical obstacles necessary to safely navigate the Facility, perform snow removal activities and assist with general plant maintenance. The candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor