Eversource Energy LNG Maintenance Technician in Waterbury, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Role and Scope of Position:
The LNG Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing highly skilled mechanical, electrical, electronic and instrumentation work in the installation, repair, and maintenance of LNG Plant equipment, including but not limited to: troubleshooting, rigging, maintaining and repairing boilers, pumps, engines, electric motors, fans, compressors, piping, valves, filters, traps, vaporizers, heat exchangers, gas meters, gas and fire detection equipment.
The LNG Maintenance Technician position reports to the LNG Maintenance Supervisor.
The LNG Maintenance Technician must be qualified in accordance with the plant training manual, understand all aspects of the Facility maintenance and must demonstrate his/her capability to perform the position essential functions .
Works closely with the LNG plant operations team in the troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and repair of LNG plant equipment.
Tests and calibrates, to established industry standards, equipment such as pressure and temperature transmitters, valve positioners, pneumatic controller, electronic controllers, pressure and temperature switches and other process control equipment.
- Records equipment readings, interprets abnormal readings and alarms to take pre-designated corrective action including activation of emergency equipment and procedures.
- Performs equipment inspections to ensure that the equipment is safely maintained and operable; performs related testing and repair as needed.
- Calibrates electronic instrumentation, verifies and adjust equipment tolerances and records results on calibration checklists.
- Repair, replace, and adjust malfunctioning equipment to restore proper operating condition specified in regulations and repair manuals.
- Provides direct oversight and on-the-job training to apprentices
- Performs work orders for inspections and both preventive and corrective maintenance in accordance with company procedures.
- Maintains test equipment calibration records
Tracks spare parts inventory reporting deficiencies for restock and reorder.
Has the ability to study manufacturers provided equipment documentation and accordingly perform maintenance and repairs of such equipment.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all facilities and equipment as needed.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Identify, report, and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Holds a valid driver's license.
- Assists with the construction, maintenance and/or work activities performed by 3rd parties.
- Successfully completes company sponsored training as required
- Mentors fellow employees and provides constructive feedback.
- Comes to work as scheduled and continuously demonstrates dependability and punctuality.
- Other duties as required/assigned.
3 to 4 years of related experience or the equivalent combination of education/training and experience in which you developed:
Basic mechanical and/or electrical foundation/knowledge
- Basic computer knowledge, especially using MS office and service software
- Substantial experience in the maintenance and repair of pumps, valves and gas compressors.
- Inspect, maintain, adjust, repair or replace electrical equipment including electrical wiring, conduit, panels, switch gear, switches, gauges, transducers, solenoids, gas dryers, actuators, motors, meters and controls for safe and proper operating condition.
- Inspect, maintain, adjust, repair or replace mechanical equipment such as compressors pumps, engines, intercoolers, after coolers, heat exchangers, piping, tubing, fittings, filters, traps, gas dryers, fasteners, valves and actuators for safe and proper operating condition.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Detailed oriented and have the capacity to plan and follow through with complex maintenance tasks.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education
Recent experience with LNG plant equipment maintenance is preferred; however, power plant, petrochemical NGL, cryogenic natural gas processing, or hydrocarbon processing experience may be acceptable.
- Work is performed in all weather conditions and may be either in a shop environment or outside in the field in all weather and temperatures.
- Able to perform duties with protective equipment.
- Potential hazards include working near or with heavy tools and moving machinery
- Potential exposure to loud noises, airborne toxins, solvents, flammable atmospheres and industrial chemicals
- Working conditions will include snow removal, facility walkthroughs, implementation of operational procedures and all facility maintenance activities.
Problem Solving & Complexity:
The LNG Maintenance Technician is expected to have an excellent knowledge of the LNG Facility equipment and its respective regulatory and manufacture recommended maintenance practices. The candidate must have as excellent ability to operate simple and complex tools necessary to perform the required maintenance.
The LNG Maintenance Technician must demonstrate a good level of technical skill and ability to keep up with current technologic developments and trends in his areas of work. Skills may be acquired through academic, training classes, on-the-job training or a combination of these.
- Ability to identify problems, determine possible solutions, and actively work to resolve the issues.
- Ability to follow instructions through a standard work process; ability to perform routine tasks; ability to check work for accuracy before completion of tasks.
The Waterbury LNG Maintenance Technician will be expected to be in good physical shape and able to perform all facility necessary maintenances, climb ladders, platforms, staircases, and other physical obstacles necessary to safely navigate the Facility, perform snow removal. The candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor