National Grid Technical Transmission Policy Analyst in Waltham, Massachusetts
_About the Position:_
National Grid's Transmission Business is focused on creating the most intelligent transmission network in the US; facilitating the evolving needs of customers and a decarbonized energy future. To create that future, National Grid must have tariffs, policies, and reliability standards in place that allows for the safeguarding of infrastructure necessary.
The Technical Transmission Policy Analysts will be responsible for delivering and shaping our existing tariffs, reliability standards, and providing for a proactive energy advocacy with Independent System Operator (ISO) New England and the New York ISO.
Successful candidates will be instrumental in working with various parts of National Grid's business to shape our policy and tariffs, working with external stakeholders. The candidate will work directly with the New York ISO Policy Leads and New England ISO Policy Leads, and will present business issues and solutions to National Grid's Transmission Business leaders.
_Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):_
· Engages and shapes transmission stakeholders to move forward transmission business growth strategy and enhanced customer value
· Develops materials, drafts, and presentations in order to advocate company direction in external facing forums, including NYISO and working with the regulatory and legal teams for interaction and dockets at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
· Participate in ISO and external stakeholder committees, meetings, and discussions
· Moves forward ISO tariffs that allows National Grid to move forward with those asset plans and investments, and market rules exists that allow National Grid and its customers to realize the full value of those investments (e.g., energy storage participation in markets)
· Ensuring that National Grid’s engineering and operation and compliance functions understand the impact of new tariff requirements and ensuring that compliance mechanisms are in place to meet requirements.
_Knowledge & Experience Required:_
Bachelor degree in business, policy, or engineering required.
3 years of work experience in Electric Transmission and/or Power Generation. Commercial and/or project management and alliance and stakeholder management experience preferred.
Presentation and writing ability is key
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
/National Grid is an equal opportunity employer thatvaluesa broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture ofinclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to bean affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team./
Title: Technical Transmission Policy Analyst
Requisition ID: 20183537