National Grid Specialist, Physical Security in Waltham, Massachusetts
National Grid is hiring a Specialist, Physical Security for our corporate security control team in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
This role is based within the US and responsible for implementing the corporate security framework to ensure physical security risks are appropriately addressed, recorded, and managed within the US Waltham, Massachusetts region of the US business. To engage with the business in identifying security risks across National Grid US, ensuring they are logged on the appropriate risk registers and measures are put in place to either accept or mitigate such risks. This role is responsible for oversight of the US guarding program within its respective jurisdiction/geographic region.
• This position is responsible for supporting the Head of US Physical Security in deploying a US wide enterprise security policy, ensuring an appropriate and proportionate approach to security management across the US Waltham Region portfolio
• Working with the Technical Support Unite, deliver security technology advice Represent the US Physical Security Team on security reinforcement programs including asset assurance reviews.
• Represent the US Physical Security Team on acceptance testing of security projects.
• Responsible for supporting US Government Counter Terrorism and Crime Prevention strategies, utilising relationships to influence and shape security policy.
• Responsible for the efficient designing, developing, implementing, and managing of security programs within role, to protect corporate assets and people against theft, acts of terrorism, and other such hostile activity.
• Manage the relationship with key business partners to deliver security programs and solutions to safeguard the organization’s people and assets, ensuring compliance with regulatory and corporate standards.
• Provide security advice, guidance for management of Physical and Personal security.
• Responsible for working with and supporting the wider US Physical Security management team.
• Respond to security related queries.
• Respond as available and required to security incidents and assist and advise all areas of the business on security matters.
• Supervise and manage National Grid US guard force members responsible for physical security at designated facilities
• Develop strategic relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to enhance National Grid reputation and security posture
• Manage programmes, ensuring regulatory compliance and alignment with corporate standards that improve and maintain the protection of critical national infrastructure sites as well as ensure security awareness within the company.
Knowledge, Experience, Technical Know How
• Proven experience of working with law enforcement agencies and key Government departments supporting wider US Government Counter Terrorism, Domestic Extremism and Crime Prevention Strategies.
• Knowledge of physical, personal and personnel security and related principles.
• Previous experience in designing, developing, implementing, and managing of security programs.
• Knowledge of law enforcement agencies, including Security Services and legislation as it applies to the security industry.
• Possess strong analytical, organizational, financial, management, and administrative experience within the security industry or security related public service.
• Proven track record of physical security programs and projects.
• Proven people management skills with a good understanding of stakeholder requirements.
• Able to influence senior stakeholders within the organization and key external stakeholders.
• Proven track record of successfully delivering business requirements to time and budget constraints.
• Prior Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) experience.
• Experience of external events & conferences dealing with 3rd party event management contractors, law enforcement agencies, local authorities, and external communications & PR contractors.
• Experience with Microsoft Office 365 applications.
• Knowledge of current threats from Activist & Extremist groups currently operating in the US and abroad.
• Knowledge of current Technical Security Counter Measures.
• Educated to Degree level in a relevant discipline (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
• 10 years law enforcement or related security experience preferred.
• Strong knowledge of physical security controls.
• Strong knowledge of compliance and regulatory requirements associated with Federal and applicable state and industry standards.
• Strong knowledge of guard force operations within the US, commercial guarding companies, and Labor and Union regulations applicable to National Grid US.
• US Law enforcement, Government bodies (e.g. Local Police, FBI, DHS, NERC)
• Energy sector security managers and wider security professionals
• Commercial Guarding organizations
• Labor Unions
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.