National Grid OT Security Engineer in Waltham, Massachusetts
National Grid is hiring an Operational Technology Security Engineer for our security operations team in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Identification, development and delivery of robust and innovative security product engineering solutions to protect National Grid’s operational cyber assets from internal and external threats
Engineering and design of security solutions and products, include architecture reviews and development, vendor engagement, and testing/implementation of controls
Engagement with business stakeholders to ensure customer requirements are met and all OT security products meet functional, quality and operational assurance standards
Ongoing support of delivered solutions throughout the product lifecycle
Experience in OT & Cyber SecurityExperience with architecture and design of OT networks, security solutions
Strong understanding of key cyber security controls that should be implemented within OT environments
Application and conducting risk assessments of ICS/SCADA/OT environments
Strong understanding of OT networks, protocols, assets/devices, and engineering of those solutions
Strong understanding of OT/energy security, components and challenges
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
Demonstrating sound judgement and decision making, and be able to credibly interact professionally at all levels across the organization.
Able to demonstrate a high degree of credibility and influence senior stakeholders within the organization and key external stakeholders.
• Educated to Bachelors degree level (ideally in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• An Information Security qualification such as CISSP, CISM or GIAC would be desirable
• If no bachelors degree, potential consideration if don’t have a degree to the extent have strong technical know-how and experience within OT environments
• Project management and delivery of solutions across OT environments
• Practical Experience in delivery of controls, project management, design, or application of controls within Industrial Control systems in either electric, oil or gas industries
• Ability to define and deliver services to internal and external customers, achieving excellent customer satisfaction.
• A thorough knowledge of Protection & Control and Distributed Control/Industrial Control/SCADA systems as applied in electricity and gas transmission, and experience in testing.
• Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking capabilities.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to create and work in virtual teams to solve business issues.
• Greater than 3 years’ applied practical experience of industrial control systems (ICS) such as Protection and Control (P&C) in the Electricity Industry and/or Distributed Control Systems (DCS) in the Oil and Gas Industry.
• Demonstrable experience in cyber security as applied to ICS, SCADA, P&C and DCS systems (such as Intrusion detection systems and design, OT incident response and vulnerability management, etc.)
• Thorough knowledge of typical Industrial Control System vulnerabilities, exploitation mechanisms, security testing and remediation / mitigation measures
• General experience in IT and networking
• Understanding of IEC 62443, NERC CIP, or ICS/Operational technology standards would also be desirable.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.