National Grid Manager, IT Process Improvement in Waltham, Massachusetts
National Grid is hiring for a Manager, IT Process Improvement for our Organizational Change Management department in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
This position works for the US Organizational Change Management team, supporting the development, implementation and evolution of process and performance excellence capabilities for National Grid IT. A successful candidate will work with the extended IT organization to develop, implement, manage and evolve strategies to create a system and culture of sharing Process Excellence Best Practices with a focus on increasing the IT organisational effectiveness through clear processes, roles and responsibilities.
This role reports to the VP, Organizational Change Management
• Advise, guide, drive and support the development, implementation and continuous improvement and direction for the overall IT E2E process using Process and Performance Excellence tools, methods, expertise, analysis, and insight.
• In collaboration with the process owners, guide, co-develop and implement E2E process performance measurements. Ensure consistent use of tools and methods to track and report relevant key performance indicators (KPI’s)
• Continuously engage across the organization, E2E process teams, Functional stakeholders, and other interdependencies to identify and qualify process impacts and process improvement opportunities, and help lead, guide or support changes.
• Stay current on IT Transformation and Digital adoption trends, to assess and quantify impacts on IT processes and identify opportunities to reimagine how we do work. Drive appropriate process updates to simplify, streamline and enable an evolving IT operating model.
• As a part of the IT Organizational Change Management team, help develop and evolve Process and Performance Capability build with the larger IT organization.
• Guide, coach, direct, and develop business process teams. Guide and support the process teams to share best practices and increase long term capability, advise on process improvement approaches.
• Ensure all processes have clear ownership and are documented and maintained within the Enterprise Process Tool Master Repository.
• Define and execute centralised communication plan to quantify process change impacts and communicate updates based on impact to IT team members.
• Proactively build and maintain internal and external networks in building National Grid’s brand, to effectively develop and foster a culture of innovation in the E2E process, including challenging and advising the IT organization to better understand the impact of existing policies, processes and ways of working in order to drive greater innovation and value.
Knowledge and Experience:
• End-to-end (E2E) Process Value Streams and Management
• Knowledge in Business process definition, Process Hierarchy / Taxonomy
• Knowledge in Process Performance and Management Framework
• Process and / or Performance Excellence
• Lean and / or Six Sigma
• Strong Program and Project management skills, with Agile experience
• Strong interpersonal capabilities and ability to work cross-functionally with diverse teams (sound negotiation & problem solving skills)
• Ability to successfully prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
• Strong decision making and time management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and has the ability to deliver significant business results.
Able to build good relationships at all levels across the business.
A Bachelor’s degree preferably in an analytical discipline
MBA preferred but not required
10+ years related professional experience, 3+ year’s management experience leading teams
Strong experience with Lean, Six Sigma or similar process improvement discipline. Lean Six Sigma Black Belts preferred but not required
Experience in directly or indirectly leading and developing a broad team comprised of diverse expertise and skills
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.