National Grid Infrastructure Process Manager in Waltham, Massachusetts
National Grid is hiring for an Infrastructure Process Manager for our Infrastructure and Operations department in Waltham, MA.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Support the management in the delivery of IT Infrastructure Operations, Controls and Compliance within National Grid. Manage the development, implementation and governance of operational policy and procedures. Working across delivery functions, with control owners and technical subject matter experts to develop efficient and compliant processes that support the delivery of infrastructure and operations within National Grid IT.
• Responsible for the definition, management, and compliance of the policies, practices and standards.
• Define process scope, objectives, and outcomes. Identify and authorize process enhancements for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the process and related activities.
• Lead stakeholder engagements to establish critical success factors and key performance indicators.
• Define metrics and develop reports to measure process performance and compliance against expected outcomes.
• Ensure appropriate process documentation is created, made available, and remain current.
• Provide mentoring on process management and documentation.
• Develop and conduct policy guidance and process training where appropriate.
Supervisory/Interpersonal- Experience Required
Strong leadership, influencing and analytical skills, demonstrating sound judgement and decision making, and be able to credibly interact professionally at all levels across the organization.
Able to demonstrate a high degree of credibility and influence senior stakeholders within the organization and key external stakeholders.
• In depth understanding of frameworks for process improvement, Service, Support, and Delivery (ITIL, DevOps, Agile).
• ITIL Certification (Intermediate Level or above)
• Experience with enterprise ITSM platforms (ServiceNow, JIRA, BMC)
• Functional understanding of governance, security, and audit frameworks, such as COBIT, NERC, NIST, and ISO/IEC
• Certification in one or more of the following: Lean IT, Lean Six Sigma, CMMI, COBIT, PMI-PMP/Agile
• Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10 years of IT experience, including process and project management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience - sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the role.
• Certified Information Systems Auditor or Manager (CISA or CISM) certification desirable.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.