National Grid Analyst, Customer Energy Management – MA in Waltham, Massachusetts
The Analyst, Customer Energy Management provides leadership to achieve alignment of internal, regulatory, and stakeholder priorities while maintaining a focus on meeting customer needs and expectations for energy efficiency, demand response, beneficial electrification and other clean energy solutions. Apply critical thinking and an understanding of both broad and detailed views to design a cost-effective portfolio of energy management solutions that are innovative, holistic, and accessible for all customers. In contributing to team delivery of energy and cost savings for customers, the Analyst will focus on efforts to optimize product offerings in support of achieving regulatory targets, shareholder incentives and contribute to projected growth towards the Company’s $100 million incremental annual operating profit goal.
· Develops an understanding of customer needs and priorities, including differences that may exist among segments of customers. Applies critical thinking through insight gained via internal/external research, analysis, and best practices to creatively design solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
· Actively positions future integrated energy services linked to energy efficiency programs and services in order to support National Grid’s achievement ofenergy efficiency targets, demand management and climate change objectives throughout the company in order to advance National Grid’s position as a leader in these fields.
· Partners with several internal teams and vendor partners on a day-to-day basis to design and evolve the portfolio of customer energy management solutions for customers. With an understanding of each team’s expertise and requirements, achieve alignment on planning, development, and implementation as it relates to energy efficiency strategies. Make informed, authoritative recommendations regarding the energy management portfolio. Seek ways to improve internal processes and foster cross-functional collaboration. Champion continuous improvement of customer energy management offerings**
· Develops and maintain relationships with regulators and other key stakeholders involved in the regulatory process, and acts as an effective representative on behalf of National Grid. Attend regulatory meetings as necessary.
· Negotiate portfolio targets and funding levels with stakeholders, including relevant advisory councils and their consultants, regulators, local governments, customer groups, environmental organizations, and others.
· Gain approval from regulators on proposed plans and achievements through successful management of the regulatory approval process.
· Ensure compliance with all regulatory mandates and processes, including potentially being called upon to testify beforestate legislative and regulatory bodies to support National Grid’s energy policy and energy efficiency, demand reduction and climate change program. Stay informed of and assess the potential impact of relevant regulatory and policy developments.
· Supports the optimization of commercial product and service development to support regulatory requirements, meet compliance obligations, and achieve shareholder incentives and other performance based regulation mechanisms in support of creating value for customers and driving improved financial outcomes for National Grid.
· Evaluates key themes andoptions through the analysis of various programmatic and technology-based alternativesto identify how different scenarios may impact energy efficiency program results and to develop state energy policies.
_Knowledge & Experience Required:_
A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, economics or related field, or combination and 3 years related work experience
Knowledge of the electric and gas industry; energy efficiency program planning, design, implementation, execution, and evaluation as well as state and national energy policy.
Regulatory experience including managing regulatory processes or contributing to regulatory filings.
Knowledge of relevant industry practice and legislation.
Demonstrate a high level of personal initiative and ability to interact with company personnel, contractors, and regulatory representatives in a positive collaborative manner.
Demonstrated leadership skills with discipline and responsibility strengths able to drive action with strong attention to detail.
Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects under budget and time constraints. Bottom-line oriented, budget-conscious, metric/measurement driven.
Ability to create a high energy team climate whereby team members are able to discuss relevant issues freely and where there is a strong emphasis on continuous improvement.
Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. both external and internal).
Knowledge of National Grid’s business operations, company policies and practices.
Knowledge of relevant industry practice and legislation.
Demonstrated skills as a strong communicator with technical writing skills.
Ability to provide structure and form around abstract ideas.
Advanced Excel skills with proficiency in PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
//National Grid is an equal opportunity employer thatvaluesa broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture ofinclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to bean affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.//
Job: *Customer Group
Organization: *Customer Group
Title: Analyst, Customer Energy Management – MA
Requisition ID: 20182357