New Jersey Resources Sr. FP&A Analyst in Wall, New Jersey
Sr. FP&A Analyst
Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America Req #1395
Wednesday, September 8, 2021
Energize your future at New Jersey Resources (NJR). We are a Fortune 1000 employer located at the Jersey Shore in Monmouth County, and named a Most Trusted Brand among the country’s natural gas and electric utilities. Join our diversified energy company as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. You’ll find a friendly, community-minded work environment, where recognition for your work and opportunities for growth and development are complemented with competitive pay and benefits. That’s NJR Life.
New Jersey Resources is seeking a Sr. FP&A Analyst to effectively partner across business functions, drive decision making and problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analytics, incorporating a strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills. Perform a variety of tasks associated with the monthly forecast process as well as the long-term planning of NJR.
• Build and maintain financial models, accurate financial reports and provide detailed analytics of assigned business
• Provide detailed analytics for employee expenses across the company’s business units; ensure labor forecast is updated on a timely basis
• Help maintain budget and forecast software; act as backup for various administrative tasks
• Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends and make recommendations for improvements
• Support the annual operating budget process, track and report on performance relative to plan and help manage ongoing rolling forecasts
• Partner with IT team to ensure that monthly forecast is up to date and assist with IT reporting where necessary
• Partner closely with key stakeholders across business units to help drive the FP&A function as a proven center of analytical excellence
• Bachelors’ degree in accounting or finance; graduate degree preferred, CPA a plus
• Minimum five years progressive work experience in a financial analyst role to include budget and forecast preparation, variance analysis and financial modeling
• Previous experience with Oracle and/or IBM TM1 is a plus
• Strong Excel proficiency and basic knowledge of accounting
• Ability to execute multiple work-streams in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Candidates should be flexible and adaptable to business changes
• Must be proactive, deadline oriented, and strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as solid problem-solving skills
- The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran or other protected status.
Job Function Sr. Professional
Pay Type Salary
Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America