New Jersey Resources IT Procurement Manager in Wall, New Jersey
IT Procurement Manager
Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America Req #1192
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
Energize your future at New Jersey Resources (NJR). We are a Fortune 1000 employer located at the Jersey Shore in Monmouth County, and named a Most Trusted Brand among the country’s natural gas and electric utilities. Join our diversified energy company as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. You’ll find a friendly, community-minded work environment, where recognition for your work and opportunities for growth and development are complemented with competitive pay and benefits. That’s NJR Life.
New Jersey Resources is seeking an IT Procurement Manager is responsible for identifying and supporting effective sourcing and category management strategies for a portfolio of technology and professional services spend categories through a variety of procurement tools and practices.
• Manage the sourcing life cycle for initiatives, partnering with Subject Matter Expert (SME) teams to defining scope and identifying requirements to conducting the competitive bidding (RFX) process to vendor evaluation and negotiation of pricing and contract terms
• Apply industry expertise and best practices in the design and implementation of category strategies and strategic sourcing execution in support of client business needs, including spend analysis, market analysis, requirements gathering and stakeholder management
• Ensure established category strategies are aligned with and support the overall business goals
• Build and maintain strong partnerships with key stakeholders and internal clients
• Introduce ideas to drive operational improvement, best practices and contribute to a culture of continuous improvement of the Procurement function and systems
• Assist with supporting all systems and tools required by Procurement activities, including but not limited to systems related to purchasing and contract management, third-party vendor management and reporting
• Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, finance, engineering or equivalent work experience/training; energy industry experience is a plus
• 7 or more years of relevant experience with demonstrated track record of achievement
• Experience in sourcing and contracting with experience across technology (Hardware, Software, IT Consulting Services, SAAS), and professional services products and services
• Subject matter expertise in spend analysis, market analysis, RFX development and evaluation, and contract negotiation
• Strong analytical skills to review data, benchmark, identify trends and patterns, and make thoughtful recommendations
• Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and to prioritize work
• Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to develop and deliver clear, concise, and persuasive communications and presentations to senior-level audiences
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; ability to clearly communicate the value of strategic sourcing services and practices to clients and other stakeholders
• Ability to build and maintain strong partnerships internally and externally to achieve objectives
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio
• Experience with ERP/P2P systems, reporting, and process design and continuous improvement is a plus
The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
Job Function Manager
Pay Type Salary
Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America