NextEra Energy Technical Accounting Project Manager in United States
Technical Accounting Project Manager
Date:Nov 19, 2020
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 45530
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description This role is located at our headquarters in Juno Beach, FL and will report directly to the Manager of Accounting Policy and Research. He or She will serve all NextEra Energy, Inc. entities (including Florida Power & Light company and NextEra Energy Resources) as a technical accounting advisor to ensure that the companies are appropriately and consistently interpreting and applying relevant accounting literature to current and proposed transactions. Works with management to consider the accounting implications of alternative deal structures and supports business units with technical accounting on significant, unusual transactions. Review and approve or address issues and policy changes. Keeps senior management informed about potential changes in accounting rules being proposed by accounting standard setters, including the potential impact to the Companies’ financial statements. Oversees and leads implementation of new accounting standards.
- Extensive and current knowledge of GAAP
- Knowledge of accounting rules in derivatives, consolidations, business combinations, financial instruments and debt and equity financings
- Analysis and problem solving skills
- Commercial skills
- Communication skills (written and oral)
- Leadership and project management skills
- Work independently with little to no supervision
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point proficiency
Like to Have:
- 6+ years public accounting experience or combination of public accounting and industry experience in areas of accounting research and/or financial reporting
- Leadership experience
- Knowledge of energy industry Job Overview
This job serves all NextEra Energy, Inc. entities to ensure that the companies are appropriately and consistently interpreting and applying relevant accounting literature to current and proposed transactions which directly impact the Companies’ financial statements and disclosures. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Works with management to consider the accounting implications of alternative deal structures • Keeps senior management informed about potential changes in accounting rules being proposed by accounting standard setters, including the potential impact to the Companies’ financial statements • Performs other job-related duties as assigned
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) • High School Grad / GED • Bachelor's Degree • Experience:6+ years
• Bachelor's - Accounting / Finance • Master's - Business Administration
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Finance, Accounting & Business Analytics Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs