Iberdrola USA Single Trouble Mechanic (RGE 60001) Canandaigua NY in United States
Title: Single Trouble Mechanic Status: Permanent
A Single Trouble Mechanic is committed to safety and safe work practices. These individuals are responsible to ensure the safety of themselves, coworkers, the general public, and Company property. They know and apply the fundamentals of electricity and are sensitive to the hazards involved in this discipline. They ensure the safety and reliability of the electric system. They demonstrate the ability to competently and effectively perform the duties of their job including the skills to perform the operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the electric system.
- Safely and effectively performs any and all work associated with the operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the electric system.
- Must have had at least four years experience in overhead or underground electric construction, troubleshooting and maintenance and/or have completed a formal training program in overhead or underground construction, troubleshooting and maintenance and/or the ability to demonstrate these skills on an appropriate test.
- Will perform all their duties within the parameters of the Single Trouble Mechanic agreement.
- Must be able to understand and diagnose problems related to the overhead and underground electric system and perform the work to correct these problems.
- Execute the physical requirements to perform their job.
- Pass job tests; obtain licenses and certificates, and computer skills applicable to the work performed.
- Follow instructions and function in a team environment including effective interaction with supervisors, coworkers, customers, agencies, and trade allies.
- Respond to calls outside of regular hours in all types of weather and be available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week to assist or respond to applicable emergency situations as able.5. Comply with the rules of the Company, as applicable.
- Ensure the safety of self, coworkers, the general public, and Company property.
Represent the Company in a professional manner.8. Perform other less skilled or related work associated with their job classification.
Must have a valid driver’s license and possess or have the ability to obtain a CDL or other certifications or licenses required for the specific job.
Must have obtained a high school diploma or GED.
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action toemploy and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status. If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 833-246-6347 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Business and Department
RGE-NY-Canandaigua District Canandaigua,NY
Company: Rochester Gas & Electric
Location: Canandaigua NY
Publication date: 04.04.2018