MDU Resources Group Position Opening at MDU Resources Group in United States
Good pay! Good Benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it's our people who make us successful. We are adding people to our team - people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers.
SEEKING A SCALE HOUSE CLERK. This part-time position will require strong computer and organizational skills! Scale house clerk will weigh trucks, run billing reports, assist with customer needs and monitor plant functions. Hours of this position will vary depending on customer demand. As the new Quarry grows this position will have the possibility for extended hours and responsibilities.
- General education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Preferred knowledge of Quarry/Aggregate plant operations.
- Experience with equipment maintenance & operation.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to work fluctuating hours.
- Must have a safe positive attitude and ability to work well with others.
- Good house keeping skills.
- Knowledge of JWS a plus. 10: Strong customer service skills a plus.
- Weigh trucks and make tickets
- Record information accurately
- Take customer orders, work with dispatch making sure customers receive correct material and tonnages
- Answer and make phone calls and work on two way radio system
- Communicate with dispatch and truck drivers
- Complete reports from the day’s work of JWS and down time.
- Operate office machines, Scanner, Fax, Computer
- Work with JWS program for ticketing trucks and running reports.
- Communicate well with others and act courteous and respectful to customers.
- Wear all required PPE gear and steel toe shoes when required around the plant.
- Sort through incoming and out going mail as needed and assist with mailing overnight packages from the quarry.
- Paid Holidays * Paid Vacation * Three Medical Plans with generous Employer contributions * Health Savings Account (partially funded by Employer) * Prescription Drug Plans * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Company Paid Short Term Disability Income Replacement * Company Paid Long Term Disability Income Replacement * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Voluntary Life, Accident, and Critical Illness plans for Employees, Spouses, and Dependents * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan, Travel Insurance, and Access to Legal Advice * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents * Gift Matching Program
How To Apply: Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to Knife River Corporation South, PO Box 1800, Waco, Texas 76703.
This open job posting will remain open until 12/31/2020 or until it is filled.
Company: Knife River - Texas Division
Department: Honey Creek Quarry
Location: Marble Falls, TX
Hiring Manager: Ronald J Hager
Closing Date: 12/31/2020 at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type: Part-Time