MDU Resources Group Position Opening at MDU Resources Group in United States
Knife River Billings is accepting applications for individuals responsible to safely form, pour and finish surfaces of poured concrete sidewalks or curbs to specified textures using hand tools or power tools including floats, trowels and screeds.
Applicants must have a valid driver license, a strong work ethic, be safety minded and willing to be part of a team. The ability to communicate and a basic understanding of mathematics is required for day to day tasks. Applicants will be required to take directions and be able to work on their own. Work requires kneeling, climbing, walking, twisting and lifting of 20-100 lbs.
Duties and/or Responsibilites
- Perform daily equipment walk around and site inspections to identify and correct any unsafe conditions and keep equipment properly maintained.
- Safely and properly perform maintenance.
- Safely and properly spread concrete into sections of forms using rake or shovel. Levels concrete to specified depth and workable consistency. Remove rough or defective spots from concrete and patch holes with fresh concrete or epoxy compound.
- Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations & act courteous/respectful of others.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve situations/problems (material quality, equipment operation/repair, etc.). Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
- Ensure safety and environmental regulation compliance.
- Frequently working in an environment with: Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching, Exposure to varying elements of all weather conditions, and the need for Near Acuity and Depth Perception. Occasionally working in an environment with: Standing,Climbing, Balancing, Talking, Hearing, Loud Noises, Exposure to Environmental Conditions, and the need for Accommodation and Color Vision Constantly working in an environment with: Reaching and Handling.
- While performing daily tasks may be required to lift up to 50-100# occasionally, 25-50# frequently and up to 10-20# constantly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
How To Apply
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
We offer a full benefit package which includes 401k, Medical, Dental and Vision. We are a drug free work environment requiring pre-employment and random drug testing. Subject to background check.
Although we may not currently be hiring for this position we are always accepting applications.
You may apply online at jobs.mdu.com
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: PO Box 80066 Billings, MT 59108-0066
Company: Knife River - Billings Division
Location: Billings, MT
Hiring Manager: Todd M McKeever
Closing Date: 11/30/2021 at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type: Full-Time