MDU Resources Group Position Opening at MDU Resources Group in United States
Duro Electric Company began operations in 1979 with a handful of employees and a few service trucks. Since that time, we’ve grown to be one of the top electrical contractors in Colorado. Our proficiency in competitive bidding, attention to detail and emphasis on integrity and customer service has made our growth and success possible.
Our Parent Company
Duro Electric is part of MDU Resources Group, a major natural resources company that provides value-added natural resource products and related services that are essential to energy and transportation infrastructure. MDU Resources Group, which operates in 48 states, has $7.0 billion in assets and more than $4.5 billion in annual revenues (as of Dec. 31, 2016). The company has been traded on the New York Stock Exchange since 1948 (NYSE: MDU).
Benefits start day one, we offer healthcare, vision, dental, life, AD&D, 401k and more.
Many of our employees have been with us for decades, several since the start of their careers. Longevity feeds a culture of community at Duro Electric, and we extend that sense of community by supporting charitable organizations throughout Englewood and the Denver area.
- Plan and supervise craft activities including method of construction, material quantities, equipment, temporary power sources, and documenting actual hours worked.
- Coordinate assigned work with work of different crafts, company departments, or other contractors.
- Maintain liaison with engineering and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with facility and client personnel.
- Troubleshoot electrical systems and equipment within varying facility types and sizes.
- Must be detail oriented with accuracy in work order descriptions and itemized material/labor breakdown.
- Assist Human Resources in maintaining communications regarding employee job site performance as well as attendance and reviews.
- Provide accurate reporting to service manager for project scheduling, and manpower demands.
- Monitor craft compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
- Maintain liaison with vendors and Inspectors to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft activities and project schedule.
- Strong social and communication skills with superiors, customers and project partners.
- Intermediate computer skills, with MS Office, Bluebeam and other construction related software.
- This position is required to drive.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Educational and experience requirements include: High school diploma plus some work-related training and/or experience. Employee must be proficient in the use of hand tools, power tools, and cleaning and moving equipment. Knowledge of safety practices and procedures.
Must be professional, as a Service Technician you will be frequently interacting directly with customers.
Driving a company truck may be required for this position, a valid driver’s license will be required
Must hold a current CO JW license or reciprocal.
Background check, credit check, MVR, Physical Abilities Test, and drug screen may be required (will vary by position).
Company: Duro Electric
Department: Service & Special Projects
Location: Englewood, CO
Hiring Manager: Alanna R Raimondi
Closing Date: 09/30/2020 at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type: Full-Time