MDU Resources Group Position Opening at MDU Resources Group in United States
JOB SUMMARY Drives mixer truck to deliver concrete mix to customer job sites in a timely manner to meet customer expectations.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform daily truck inspections and report needed repairs.
- Perform daily housekeeping in truck cab and maintenance of equipment, including fluid levels and tire pressure.
- Drives truck into position to receive load and adjusts ready mix to proper slump
- Adjusts drum revolutions to improve concrete quality.
- Drives truck equipped with auxiliary concrete mixer to deliver concrete mix to job sites.
- Recognizes surroundings and practice traffic awareness to maintain a safe environment.
- Communicates with customer to understand requirements of job and deal with safety concerns.
- Positions truck for unloading and attaches chutes.
- Adjusts moisture to contractor’s requirements.
- Delivers value-added supplies, such as re-rod, chloride or sealers, etc. as needed.
- Cleans truck after delivery to prevent concrete from hardening in mixer and on truck, using water hose and hoe.
- Complete recordkeeping tasks, including: note changes made to the product and any weather and environmental conditions on the load ticket for quality assurance; daily timekeeping and time off requests; inspection reports
- Ensure OSHA, DOT, EPA, DNR, MSHA, Federal, State, and Local safety and environmental regulation compliance including attending training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or GED.
- A CDL license with two years truck driving experience.
- Must maintain medical card and acceptable driving record.
- One to three months experience and/or training related to ready mix delivery.
- Ability to use computerized time tracking system.
How To Apply
Concrete Materials/Sweetman/Ellis & Eastern and Rail to Road are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Apply online at www.cmcsd.com or Mail completed application to Sweetman Construction Co., 1500 North Sweetman Place, Box 84140, Sioux Falls, SD 57118-4140 Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Company: Concrete Materials/Sweetman Construction
Department: Ready Mix
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Hiring Manager: Molly J Smith
Closing Date: 02/28/2021 at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type: Full-Time