MDU Resources Group Position Opening at MDU Resources Group in United States
This position is responsible for supporting general labor with yard housekeeping and general maintenance.
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license and maintain an acceptable driving record, according to Knife River Fleet policy.
- Ability to work efficiently and timely.
- Often must work multiple shifts in a day, overtime and weekends.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug tests.
Preferred Requirements: 1. Construction Building Materials experience 2. High school graduate or GED equivalent. 3. Valid commercial driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to read and comprehend information.
- Ability to use proper lifting devices or tools to move large quantities or heavy pieces of inventory with assistance.
- Ability to use in house receiving, shipping and inventory processes and/or computerized systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- *Operates equipment, such as a forklift or front loader in a safe and efficient manner.
- *Conduct routine tasks that will require general labor activities such as shoveling, lifting, and or moving materials with or without assistance and other routine tasks that may require the use of hand tools.
- *Assist in organizing inventory to be safely and efficiently retrieved or stored.
- Complete required paperwork for accounting, payroll, operations or material inventory as directed.
- *Always work safely and take action to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes and behaviors.
- *Ability to wear company issued Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) in accordance with company policy.
- *Must work as needed, given the unpredictability of how long jobs or trips will take, including overtime, nights, and weekends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance.
How To Apply
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to: PO Box 6099 Stockton, CA 95206
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Company: Knife River - Northern California Ready Mix Div.
Department: Plant Operations
Location: Lodi, CA
Hiring Manager: David C Smith
Closing Date: 11/01/2020 at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type: Full-Time