Iberdrola USA Lead Analyst - Physical Security Fire Protection (AMC 58113) Portland, OR in United States
Business and Department
Scope of Work - Main duties, settings, geography, reporting relationships, other relationships:
Reports directly to the Manager of Fire Protection with responsibilities to include proactively: 1. Manage contractor inspection, testing, maintenance, design, and installation of new and existing fire protection systems across designated AVANGRID territories taking account of all Regulatory Compliance requirements. 2. Developing and maintaining fire prevention and life safety policies and procedures. 3. Oversight and coordination of facility emergency pre-planning and evacuation training. 4. Provides technical support for passive fire protection and life safety development and maintenance. 5. Champions best practices in planning, implementation and integration of fire-related systems and life safety administrative controls across the AVANGRID enterprise. 6. Coordinate physical security activities including: a. Directly impacting the protection of company assets, employees, facilities and critical infrastructure. b. Conduct investigations working closely with HR, Compliance and Internal Audit. c. Develop and provide training to personnel on topics related to Physical Security Programs. d. Recommend Security Systems and related Technologies. e. Assemble and maintain evidence that demonstrates compliance with applicable governmental security requirements. f. Operate card access system. Actively participate as a member of the Security Operations team on all aspects of Physical Security, and Governmental Compliance Programs to ensure a safe and secure environment.
Work closely with the Management of the Physical Security Department to create a compliant and sustainable safe and secure environment for Company employees, assets and infrastructure. Ensure that Fire Protection practicesprotect employees, contractors, the public, company infrastructure, the environment and the mission of the
company. Applies, interprets, and addresses compliance with National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), International Code Council (ICC) as well as applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Regulations, Codes and Standards, and North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) Standards. This position is a senior-level analyst position responsible for supporting multiple layers of geographically dispersed facilities and other assets across the enterprise. The candidate must have well developed analytical skills, well developed interpersonal skills, and have excellent presentation and communication skills.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
- Ensures all AVANGRID Holding Company affiliates comply with all applicable fire protection, life safety and physical security regulatory requirements.
- Performs as a Company subject matter expert (SME) and interpretive authority having jurisdiction on fire prevention, protection, life safety, facility emergency management and physical security concerns. Conducts fireand life safety risk assessments to enable compliance, cost-effective physical designs as well as establish appropriate administrative controls for AVANGRID facilities.
- Ensures that existing AVANGRID Company affiliates’ fire protection systems are properly maintained providing effective controls and early notification to warn occupants/summon emergency responder in emergency situations.
- Works with Property Management for all AVANGRID Holding Company affiliates to develop, maintain and incorporate needed passive fire protection features for the conservation of life and property in existing, remodeled, and new facilities.
- Assist the Manager of Fire Protection in implementing and maintaining an approved fire prevention, emergency planning, and evacuation program for all major facilities.
- Train employees designated by Building Operations Line Managers in emergency pre-planning, response and evacuation in a manner that maximizes the protection of life and property.
- Facilitate implementation and training of Building Operations Line Managers and their designated employees in monthly fire prevention self-inspections.
- Assess emergency planning and response programs providing recommendations regarding deficiencies and trends to responsible Building Operations Line Manager and the Manager of Fire Protection.
- Assist the Manager of Fire Protection in the review of Building Fire Prevention self-inspection reports providing information on deficiencies and required corrective actions. Create performance reports for Senior Management.
- Provide technical support for building emergency planning and evacuation teams as required.
- Prepare drill scenarios, train drill observers, and provide post-drill critique support.
- Establish and maintain emergency, fire prevention, and life safety policies and procedures in coordination with the Manager of Fire Protection.
- Review evacuation route maps prepared by Property Management and ensure accurate and timely updates.
- May be placed on-call to respond to Emergency Operations Center or for field deployment.
- Establish and maintain fire protection program policies and procedures intranet web information to support integration of fire safety into all AVANGRID Holding Company affiliate operations.
- Works closely with Security to make the most effective use of resources and to integrate systems.17. Supervise contract security officers in performance of their duties, and coordinate with contracted guard service to ensure compliance with procedures and maximize effectiveness.
Develop and maintain security plans involving access control procedures, intrusion detection, cameras, fences and guard force levels.
Coordinate the electronic access control program for all Renewables business NERC CIP regulated facilities.
- Regularly conduct risk assessments and produce risk-based security plans for critical infrastructure facilities.
- Prioritize and support strategic plans to enable cost-effective fire protection system additions, replacements, and expansions in accordance with compliance and risk management objectives. Manage contractor providing maintenance and new system installation services.
- Works with Procurement on security tendering processes involving fire protection.
- Geographic mobility; regular travel required between Company locations and OPCO’s.
Education & Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Fire Protection Engineering, Science, Technology, or related Safety or Emergency Management discipline with applicable emphasis in fire and life safety is required.
Minimum five years of broad based experience in fire protection, security and/or facility emergency management.
Experience in electric, gas and wind utility operations is a plus. This includes operating systems, infrastructure and field operations.
Understanding of all AVANGRID Holding Company affiliates’ fire protection systems; national and local regulations and develop national plan to ensure the enterprise meets its business needs and legal obligations.
Will need to develop and maintain relationships with all AVANGRID Holding Company affiliates businesses and key external stakeholders.
NFPA Codes and Standard, ICC Fire and Building Codes, ADA and NSI A117.1 Accessibility, Uniform Fire Code, and 29 CFR 1910 General Industry, Subpart E and L Fire Protection and 1926 Construction, Subparts C and F.
FM Global Loss Prevention Data Sheets.
EEI and EPRI Best Management Practices and Engineering Guidelines.
Principles and practices of emergency management – FEMA ICS system.
Passive and active fire protection design, inspection, testing, and maintenance.
Fire hazards analysis.
Basic practices, roles, and interface responsibilities of public emergency response and Homeland Security organizations.
General policies and procedures for fire prevention and life safety in utility and industrial organizations.
Knowledge of the NERC CIP Standards desirable.
Licenses and Certificates:
Possession of a valid Driver’s License in the State of position assignment.
Possession of a National Incident Management System ICS-300 and ICS-400 program certificate of completion or ability to pass within twelve (12) months from the time of hire.
Certified Fire Protection Specialist or Registered Fire Protection Engineer.
Fire Protection Engineer (FPE any State), or ability to obtain within twelve (12) months from the time of hire (a plus).
Fire Safety Director or Emergency Action Plan Director Certificate (a plus).
ICC Code Certifications, Master Code Professional (a plus).
Related certifications in fire safety, life safety, emergency planning, fire protection engineering and technology (a plus).
Results oriented and proactive.
Research, data analysis, and report preparation techniques.
Interpreting, applying, and explaining complex codes, standards, and regulations.
Develop and maintenance of fire prevention, life safety, and emergency planning policies and procedures.
Development, evaluation, and maintenance of industrial facility emergency preplans.
Development, coordination, training, and post-exercise evacuation and emergency response drills.
Establishing, maintaining, and preparing trending reports for fire protection and life safety deficiencies, recommendations and corrective actions.
Participation and leadership in Incident Command.
Setting priorities, coordinating multiple projects, and meeting critical deadlines.
Use of sound independent judgment within established industry guidelines, often in difficult or emergency situations.
Preparing clear, concise and effective written materials, maintaining accurate records and files, and entering and retrieving information from Computer Based Systems with sufficient speed and accuracy to perform the required work.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
Computer applications related to emergency management, planning, training, and drill coordination; as well as the ability and commitment to learn new technologies related to the profession.
Standard office practices, including the operation of standard office equipment, MS Office Suite, MS Project (working knowledge of CAD a plus).
AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or toapply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 877-387-9061 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Company: AVANGRID Management Company (AMC)
Department: Physical Security
Job Title: Lead Analyst –Physical Security Fire Protection/Security Operations
Reports to: Manager – Corporate Security Fire Protection
Location: Portland, OR, US
Cross Company Responsibility: Yes
Publication date: 22.02.2018