FirstEnergy Corp. IT Business Analyst Intern in United States
IT Business Analyst Intern
Akron, OH, US, 44320
Job Function: Information Technology
Employee Type: Student Full Time
Requisition ID: 31425
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,500 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of 3,780 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Company a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp [SC00].
As a participant in the Co-op/Intern Professional Development Program, you will be cultivating professional skills and perform professional level work at FirstEnergy. Each participant will receive on-the-job training, and challenging assignments to refine skills and round out competencies.
As an IT Business Analyst Intern at FirstEnergy, you will be on an IT team tasked to implement and maintain technology policies used to protect our business. The role of an IT business analyst is to be the link between the technology, its policies and the business objectives. The business analyst listens, asks questions, analyzes and then documents what the team is describing they need. The business analyst knows exactly what is needed; therefore, the business analyst is critical to the successful testing and implementation of the technology.
The current opening will focus on IT standards, compliance policy and analytical support for our CIP and SOx program’s ongoing efforts. This person will gain hands on experience with several technology suites that allow us to maintain procedures and provide services to our business.
In this position, you will not be writing code. This position is for the analytical thinker who loves learning business processes and new technology.
Please include your Major/Minor/Degree, GPA and anticipated graduation date on your resume. Resumes that do not include Major/Minor/Degree, GPA and anticipated graduation date will not be considered.
We encourage you to include on your resume courses completed relevant to the position you're applying. Additionally, tell us about school projects where you utilized the skills needed for the position in which you are applying. Technology enthusiasts: be sure to describe your tech hobbies and use of technology outside of the classroom on your resume.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
• Learn the business processes that you and your team are supporting.
• Learn the technology that supports the business processes.
• Work with your team gathering requirements for technology changes or implementations.
• Learn the business requirements so that you can develop or modify functional specifications.
• Complete unit, integration and regression testing for application projects or upgrades, ensuring that correct business functionality is being delivered.
• Collaborate directly with the FirstEnergy business units, as well as other departments of IT, to complete and/or manage your assignments.
• Deliver effective client support through the investigation and resolution of client issues.
• Learn how to adhere to FirstEnergy Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Controls.
• Have the opportunity for innovation, bringing new ideas and perspective to our overall compliance program
• Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program at an accredited university/college with a major in Computer Information Systems, Business degree platforms or an equivalent degree.
• Must have a graduation date no earlier than May 2023 (Graduation date MUST be listed on resume)
• Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
• Must have the ability to work without sponsorship (now or in the future)
• Basic understanding of technology
• Strong analytical skills to resolve problems and think creatively.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to make formal presentations to various audiences.
• Basic overall understanding of software development life cycle from requirements gathering to implementation
• Understanding of Sarbanes Oxley (SOx)
• Highly motivated to work independently and productively and learn quickly.
• Must be organized and work well with constant priority changes
• Proven team player, contributes to team goals, encourages, and supports team members
• Strong attention to detail
• Willingness to undertake assignments involving unfamiliar subjects.
• Highly motivated to work independently and productively, with an aptitude to learn quickly.
• Organizational skills to prioritize and plan work, multi-task and meet schedules.
• Ability to work remotely, utilizing virtual technologies
• Sound understanding of Microsoft Office line of products, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrate strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively participate on a team and in remote meetings and conference calls
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Business Analyst, Intern, Information Systems, Testing, Finance, Entry Level, Technology