Arizona Public Service Emergency Event Management Coordinator in United States
The Emergency Event Management Coordinatoroversees the APS Emergency Event Management Program by planning, developing and directing the activities related to Emergency Event Management and ensures their effective operation in response to significant or catastrophic events (Emergency Events). Maintains procedures and coordinates internal and external drills and training exercises. Fosters enterprise-level coordination for APS Business Area Emergency Event Response and Recovery Plans and government agencies, organizations and companies.
Minimum Requirements BS or BA degree in related field and four (4) years Emergency Planning related experience, or high school diploma (or equivalent) and eight (8) years Emergency Planning experience. Extensive emergency planning experience and knowledge is needed. Proficient with Web EOC (Department of Homeland Security) and other Incident Management related software and capable of instructing others on its use. Requires effective oral and written communications skills.
Major Accountabilities 1) Oversee the APS Emergency Event Management Program by planning, developing and directing the Companys activities related to Emergency Event Management.
2) Develop, implement and maintain Emergency Management related procedures, resource documents, forms and lists.
3) Develop and deliver employee training related to Emergency Operations Center operations and Incident Management.
4) Work with the Company's different business areas to provide support and consultation during drills and training exercises for their Emergency Event Response and Recovery Plans as well as help identify gaps in their plans.
5) Coordinate internal and external drills and training exercises to foster enterprise-level coordination for APS Business Area Emergency Event Response and Recovery Plans with government agencies, organizations and other companies.
6) Coordinate with other APS Business Area Operations Centers as part of enterprise-wide drills.
7) Develop and coordinate drill/exercise scenario data as appropriate to the drill, players and organizations involved.
8) Provide post-drill gap analysis and lessons learned reporting for company drills and training exercises.
9) Perform emergency-event response self-assessments, conduct corrective action follow-ups, and evaluate and implement industry lessons learned, Ensure complete and timely department response to internal/external concerns.
10) Act as the APS liaison for real world events and exercises involving outside entities.
11) Provide regular status reports on Company¿s emergency preparedness maturity level to the Director Enterprise Security.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 20180868
Full/Part Time: Full-Time