Arizona Public Service Director, Talent in United States
Summary The *Director, Talent *oversees and directs the Talent Development team to provide strategic leadership, guidance, expertise and support that is aligned with the PNW/APS strategy and business unit (BU) needs to achieve both short- and long-term business objectives. Responsible for the design, development and ongoing management of enterprise-wide Talent Development strategies and initiatives in the areas of talent assessment, succession planning, leadership and employee development, employee engagement, diversity and inclusion, organizational effectiveness, culture and change management, strategic workforce planning and corporate leadership training. Counsels and consults with HR Business Partners (HRBP), business leadership and HR leadership regarding talent management issues and influences outcomes that are based on professional advice consistent with enterprise-wide policies and business needs. Ensures that Talent Development programs comply with company policies, labor laws and government regulations.
Minimum Requirements A four year Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Management, Psychology, Business or other job-related field from an accredited college or university plus ten (10) years Human Resources experience, including five (5) years' experience in talent development/management with proven expertise in organizational effectiveness, leadership development, talent assessment, performance management, employee engagement, succession planning, diversity and inclusion, change management, workforce planning and in developing and deploying training programs. Five (5) years' experience in management/supervisory positions with proven ability to develop and manage high performing teams. Demonstrated success in building partnerships/networks and enhancing ongoing relationships with clients/customers stretching across business areas. Proven ability to influence senior leadership and manage competing priorities simultaneously. Current working knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulatory requirements. Excellent verbal and written communication, project management, and influencing skills. Master's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or related field preferred. SPHR/PHR certification preferred.
Major Accountabilities 1) Understands the business goals and strategic integration points; determines enterprise-wide and BU-specific talent development needs necessary to support those business goals, both now and in the future; develops, communicates and successfully executes programs to address those needs.
2) Provides oversight to ensure that all talent development programs are managed cost effectively and measures up to competitive benchmarks or targeted metrics. Ensures programs are streamlined, efficient, user friendly and effectively meet business needs. Partners with HR Business Partners to ensure programs are executed seamlessly. Assesses effectiveness and looks for ways to continually improve and enhance programs.
3) Oversees development and monitors enterprise-wide diversity and inclusion programs. Supports the Executive Sponsor in leading the Executive Diversity Council and carrying out related programs and responsibilities.
4) Actively participates as a strategic leader and strong member of the HR leadership Team with input, oversight and accountability for the overall HR function within the company. Proactively advocates for continuous improvement in HR programs, policies and procedures. Ensures that overall service level meets the needs of the client organizations as well as the overall corporate need.
5) Leads the evolution of the strategic workforce planning function to achieve ever increasing business value through workforce segmentation, defined future projections based on qualitative data, and alignment with near-term and longer-term business plans.
6) Develops, monitors and reports on project plans, milestones, and metrics to track progress and effectiveness. Takes follow-up action and communicates as appropriate.
7) Builds and leads a high performing, strategically aligned and business-focused team through effective talent selection, coaching, performance management, and team development.
8) Develops and manages the department's operating budget, and initiates actions in cases of deviations.
Job ID: 20181034
Full/Part Time: Full-Time