Arizona Public Service Director, Corporate Finance & Treasury Operations in United States
As part of the APS team, you are important to the success and future of our organization. You can be a part of a unique industry and work with us to provide reliable service, our community can count on us for safe, clean and reliable energy. APS, Arizona’s largest and longest-serving electric company, has announced a goal to deliver 100 percent clean, carbon-free electricity to customers by 2050. This is the boldest clean-energy goal of any Arizona electric company, and one of the most ambitious nationwide.
At APS, we believe in creating a workplace where belonging matters. Inclusion at APS, is embracing the perspective that each employee brings to work every day across our enterprise.
Director, Corporate Finance & Treasury Operations - Lead the corporate finance and treasury operations functions within Treasury, with responsibility for performance and results of the organization, and participate in collaborative cross-functional strategic development of the Treasury department. Play a primary role in overseeing capital structure strategies and initiatives including debt and equity capital raising efforts, short- and long-term debt management, liquidity forecasting, bank and credit rating agency relationships, cash management, and banking transactions. Provide leadership and collaboration in the development and presentation of results and recommendations to senior financial management, including CFO team, Treasury staff, and other corporate functions. Provide financial and transactional leadership for other Treasury and corporate initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or equivalent education.
- MBA or Master's degree preferred.
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible business experience with emphasis in financial analysis, capital markets, lending and other corporate transactions, treasury management processes, and work with other financial functions.
- Five (5) years prior leadership experience involving planning, organizing, directing and evaluating the work and performance of others.
- Demonstrated competency in building strong and effective business relationships, due diligence, financial concepts and leadership of large, complex projects or analyses.
- Possess knowledge of financing concepts including fluency in accounting and tax drivers, functioning of financial markets, lending principles, corporate structure, risk management and utility regulation.
- Demonstrated effective leadership, self-motivation, oral, written and presentation communication skills; negotiation skills; and highest quality interpersonal and people management skills
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Pinnacle West") maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This policy of nondiscrimination shall include, but not be limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, compensating, reassigning, demoting, transferring, laying off, recalling, terminating employment, and training for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other classification or characteristic protected by law. For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to EEO is the Law poster. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of every person hired to work in the United States, refer to E-Verify poster.
View the employee rights and responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Arizona Public Service is a smoke free workplace.
Job ID: 20200793
Full/Part Time: Full-Time