Ameren Digital Intern/Co-op (Data Analytics) in United States
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:
About The Position
Ameren Services provides support and services to Ameren Corporation and its operating companies, subsidiaries and affiliates. Nearly 1,400 employees serve the company with business planning, communications, diversity, financial support, human resources, information technology, legal counsel, safety and supply services.
This is a January – August Co-op OR May – December Co-op OR May – August Intern position in St. Louis, MO.
Interns will participate in meaningful work activities related to development, maintenance & support and enhancements to our Analytics software solutions. Interns are assigned a mentor that will guide you through your internship. Coaching and feedback are a key part of your intern experience. You will have the opportunity to work with a talented, experienced IT staff while completing your work assignments. You will get exposure to the following technologies:
• Programming Languages: SQL
• Relational Database Management: Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server and Teradata
• Tools: Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE), Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
The intern program provides students with valuable work experience as well as providing Ameren with a source of highly talented candidates for full time positions.
Current student status pursuing a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or equivalent computer-related field from an accredited college or university required. A GPA of 2.5 or above
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
• Proficiency in data analytics and mathematics/statistics
• Good analytical and human relations skills
• Experience with organizing and analyzing large quantities of data
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Leadership experience inside and/or outside the classroom
• A strong commitment to a career in technology and passion/aptitude for both software and information technology
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate clearly
• Creative problem solving and proactive learning
• Knowledge of SQL (preferred)
• Experience with data analytics software and visualization tools (preferred)
• Experience in modern software/application development (preferred)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.
St. Louis-based Ameren Corporation powers the quality of life for 2.4 million electric customers and more than 900,000 natural gas customers in a 64,000-square-mile area through its Ameren Missouri and Ameren Illinois rate-regulated utility subsidiaries. Ameren Illinois provides electric transmission and distribution service and natural gas distribution service. Ameren Missouri provides electric generation, transmission and distribution service, as well as natural gas distribution service. Ameren Transmission Company of Illinois develops, owns and operates rate-regulated regional electric transmission projects. For more information, visit Ameren.com, or follow us on Twitter at @AmerenCorp, Facebook.com/AmerenCorp, or LinkedIn/company/Ameren.