Arizona Public Service Designer II/III - Cottonwood, AZ in United States
The successful Designer II/III - Cottonwood, AZ officewill prepare/assist in the preparation of modifications of Plant Design Change Packages or complete simple to medium job package projects. Gathers, organizes and develops engineering data from design documentation for the development of Design Change Notices, Bill of Materials and other design documents and may participate in walk-downs.
Minimum Requirements for Level II High School diploma/GED. Must have completed two years college or technical school coursework in CADD or a technical discipline (or equivalent) plus two (2) years design experience in area of specialization. Must demonstrate effective interpersonal, communications and PC skills in a Windows environment. Some work areas may require a valid driver's license.
Minimum Requirements for Level III High School diploma/GED. Must have completed two years college or technical school course work in CADD or a technical discipline (or equivalent) plus four (4) years related design experience in area of specialization. Must demonstrate effective interpersonal, communications and PC skills in a Windows environment. Some work areas may require a valid driver's license.
Major Accountabilities 1) Produce accurate, concise, thorough, easily understood engineering documents, using manual or CADD techniques and related software; may assist in the development of Plant Design Change packages or simple to medium job package projects that are technically sound, within the schedule provided.
2) Gather, organize and develop Engineering data; perform field investigations to determine as built conditions and design requirements; perform studies and required computations for the development of design drawings. May perform Plant walk-downs for constructability and design verification.
3) Ensure that all project commitments are achieved. Insure conformance to procedures, government regulations and selected codes and standards in the performance of related tasks.
4) Compile all required documentation for assigned projects into a complete package, submit the package for review and approval and expedite transmittal of documentation to the appropriate field units and files.
5) Apply appropriate skills to resolve issues and apply critical thinking in resolving problems.
6) Demonstrate an understanding and an ability to utilize all systems and applications used in project design.
7) Effectively work in a team environment and provide a positive contribution.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Pinnacle West”) provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Job ID: 20200728
Full/Part Time: Full-Time