Arizona Public Service Business Operations Analyst (Intake Coordinator) in United States
The Business Ops Analyst (Intake Coordinator) will help track the team’s service requests and will provide reporting and communication on team activities to the organization.
* * Manage all Service Requests sent to the team through ServiceNow, email and other channels through completion * Perform an initial review of the Service Request submitted by the user to ensure all required information to address the request is provided in the ticket * Facilitate team status meetings to assign new tickets, review ticket status, discuss risks * Escalate to the Team Manager any delays and other critical issues that impact the team’s ability to deliver its services * Monitor, update and distribute team reports * Create and distribute team newsletters and general communications * Support the team with contract renewals through their lifecycle
Minimum Requirements BS/BA equivalency or an equivalent combination of four years relevant business work experience and relevant college coursework in business, information technology or a related area. An additional two (2) years of progressively responsible experience where general knowledge and understanding of business unit operations, business unit systems, and basic knowledge of database design, structure, functions and processes and experience with database tools has been obtained. General understanding of business unit and operational knowledge including functions, procedures, processes, and computer systems. Ability to identify process improvement opportunities and tie functional needs to technology solutions. Some project/team experience and ability to prioritize work. Demonstrated analytical ability to review and analyze data, identify issues, see relationships and patterns and recommend solutions. Experience participating in projects and identifying and resolving issues is preferred. Proficient in PC applications including advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel, Access, and Word. Basic knowledge of emerging practices and technologies used within the area. Demonstrated communication skills, both verbal and written. Good customer service, organizational, and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage customer expectations. Some knowledge of applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and standards impacting business unit business areas.
Major Accountabilities 1) With general direction, participates in the development analysis, planning, administration, and communication of a broad range of business unit projects, processes, and practices. With general direction provides operational support for business unit business systems including, but not limited to, researching and resolving problems,
2) Researches and analyzes routine to moderate business/operations problems within the business unit. Interfaces with IT, Systems Analysts, or vendor to resolve issues as necessary. Follows up to ensure timely resolution of problems and ensure customer satisfaction.
3) With general direction, participates in the analysis and recommendation of new business processes, which may include new systems and/or enhancements to existing systems. Ability to gather and write routine to routine requirements based on business needs.
4) Works within areas of responsibility on process improvement initiatives and gap identification. Analyzes work process design, workflow, and technology solutions to streamline, automate, or improve processes.
5) With broad direction, participates in the development of effective business cases using sound cost/benefit analysis.
6) Maintains and supports a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assists in the development of standard reports for business unit. Assists in the development and maintenance of standardized business reporting protocol and ensures data integrity and consistency in all reporting aspects.
7) Participates in project team assignments as a subject matter expert. May coordinate activities within the functional business areas. Participates in business needs analysis, planning, implementation, and communication to work process.
8) Maintains documentation of processes, guidelines, tools, and training aids required to support business unit.
9) May monitor and track business goals, activities, performance monitoring, and issues related to assigned unit to keep management apprised of business unit activities.
10) Actively seeks knowledge and understanding of business/technical environment, priorities, procedures, and processes. Keeps apprised of current and emerging trends for business unit.
11) Conducts research, performs data analysis, and reports findings through formal presentations.
12) May be responsible for managing access and security for business unit systems, including associated documentation. Responsible for ensuring appropriate data security controls, process, and system documentation.
This position may require access to and/or use of information subject to control under the Department of Energy's Part 810 Regulations (10 CFR Part 810), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) (15 CFR Parts 730 through 774), or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) (22 CFR Chapter I, Subchapter M Part 120) (collectively, "U.S. Export Control Laws"). Therefore, some positions may require applicants to be a U.S. person, which is defined as a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), a Political Asylee, or a Refugee under the U.S. Export Control Laws. All applicants will be required to confirm their U.S. person or non-US person status. All information collected in this regard will only be used to ensure compliance with U.S. Export Control Laws, and will be used in full compliance with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of national origin and other factors. For positions at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Stations (PVNGS) all openings will require applicants to be a U.S. person.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation and its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Pinnacle West") maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all phases of the employment process and in compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. This policy of nondiscrimination shall include, but not be limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, compensating, reassigning, demoting, transferring, laying off, recalling, terminating employment, and training for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, disability, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other classification or characteristic protected by law. For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, please refer to EEO is the Law poster. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of every person hired to work in the United States, refer to E-Verify poster.
View the employee rights and responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Arizona Public Service is a smoke free workplace.
Job ID: 20200739
Full/Part Time: Full-Time